Friday, November 15, 2019

David’s Song of Thanks

See the source image
Dwelling in the word, wordpress.com 


Sing to the Lord, all the earth!
Tell of his salvation from day to day.
Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvelous works among all the peoples!
For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised,
and he is to be feared above all gods.

Splendor and majesty are before him;
    strength and joy are in his place.
Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples,
    ascribe to the Lord glory and strength!
Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
    bring an offering and come before him!
1 Chronicles 16:23-25,29-29 (ESV)

Sing to the Lord, all the earth!
 We sing hymns to God. We also sing praise choruses as we begin our corporate worship. It might be said that the birds sing to Him. One of my greatest memories is sitting on my couch early on spring mornings and hearing the birds sing. I knew that the day would be beautiful.

Tell of his salvation from day to day.
God wants us to tell others about Him and what He has done for us. Even if we think that we don’t have a testimony to share, each of us does.

Declare his glory among the nations,
We are not to be bashful about what He has done for us. Scripture says we are to be ready to share His love, “in season, out of season.” Whether we feel like it or not.

For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised,
We are to praise Him for the smallest things, those we don’t think of as important.

Splendor and majesty are before him;
He makes our world beautiful. The flowers in the spring and summer, the leaves in the fall yes, even the falling snow in the winter all have beauty.

Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples,
God expects us to give Him praise and thanks, each of us and those of the nations.

Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
We are to give Him honor and the glory that belongs to Him.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I love to hear the birds singing their songs of praise to their Creator every morning. They do sound happy, and it always makes me feel happy too. We have SO much to praise God for in this life. We need to take the time to just give Him praise every single day, not just on Sundays. There is ALWAYS something to praise Him for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: I truly enjoy hearing the birdsong. For Mother's day, Hubby bought me a birdbath. Yes, we have so much to praise God for. I find myself praising Him for central heat in the winter and air conditioners and fans in the summer. Peace and blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Renew a Right Spirit

  Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in within me. Cast me not from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. P...