Tuesday, February 18, 2020

God loves His Children


See the source image
Bing Image-kcruss

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor heights nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:38-39 (ESV)

The Apostle Paul wrote these words to the believers at Rome. I find comfort in these thoughts.

I believe Paul is saying that God loves His children unconditionally. Conversely, we are the ones who put conditions on how we feel about someone.

When we walk with Jesus, we learn to request that God give us His eyes to see the circumstances in our world.  When He allows us to see things through His eyes, He allows us to view those issues differently than the world does.

As we grow in the LORD, seeing things as God sees them becomes easier. We learn to listen to what we hear in a different way. We learn to look t past the hurtful circumstances and see what God will do to heal the hearts of those involved.


 Questions to ponder:
What ways do you show God’s love to others?
Have we as children of God obeyed Him in showing His love to those around us?

Forgive as you have been forgiven.
As children of God, we are to practice forgiveness. A friend of mine once extended

Forgiveness to me and I have never forgotten her graciousness. I remember her quite often because she forgave me.

4 comments:

  1. Its not easy to see things through God's eyes, and yet I know we are asked to do that!! Sometimes I do ask Him, "Please LORD help me to love......as you love ........., help me to see ..........how you see ............ . I get to a certain point and then often fall back to how I see !! Oh dear, Help us LORD to love as You Love!!♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayndel: We all have times when we truly need to seek God's viewpoint on the issues that life throws at us. We belong to Him and we need to let Him stay in control. That's why I believe it is so important to let God be God and let Him guide us through those difficult times.

      Delete
  2. Forgiveness is such a big deal. We really don't realize how important it is for us to forgive others as we have been forgiven by God. We tend to forget that sometimes...and when we realize how much God has forgiven us, then who are we to not forgive others? It's hard, but with God, all things are possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Forgiveness is a multi-faceted thing. We have to learn to extend it and we have to seek it, from those around us and from God. We have to learn these things as we mature in Christ.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...