Friday, November 13, 2020

God is My Strength



  
crumc/quiet spirit


Though the fig tree does not bud
 and there are no grapes on the vines,
 though the olive crop fails 
 and the fields produce no food, 
though there are no sheep in the pen
 and no cattle in the stalls, 
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
 I will be joyful in God my Savior. 
 The Sovereign Lord is my strength; 
 he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, 
 he enables me to tread on the heights. 
Habakkuk 3:17-19 (ESV)



 The prophet Habakkuk rejoiced in the LORD despite some extremely difficult times. The fruit was not maturing; those trees were not able to blossom. The olive crop failed. These were hard times for the Israelite nation. 

 Yet, Habakkuk chose to rejoice in the LORD. He would find joy in the small things that God did for him. He claims God as his strength, knowing God keeps his feet steady and secure. 

 In our world today, we see the worldwide and national pandemic numbers rising to heights that cause grave concern. We have seen forest fires rage through our western states, hurricanes pelter our southern and eastern states, the advent of killer bees. This past summer, we saw civil unrest move across our nation. Even now, after our presidential election, we still have uncertainty. 

 Whatever side you believe is right in this uncertainty about the election’s outcome, we must realize that God has this and all other issues under His control. We must find some things in our lives in which to rejoice and for which to thank God. 
 We must trust God without reservation, for all that comes into our lives. Abraham left his homeland not knowing where God was leading him. Moses led the Israelite people out of bondage, trusting God as the Israelite people grumbled and complained about everything. Ruth left her native land to accompany Naomi as she went back to her homeland. Ruth did not know if they would make it to Naomi’s homeland or how she would be received by Naomi’s people. 

 Yes, God is our strength. Like Habakkuk, we must believe that no matter what we face.

4 comments:

  1. God has set me free from much bondage in my life!

    If you'd like to know more, just click on my name above this comment of mine, and you'll be taken to my blog.

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is important to each of us that we allow Him to do just that--set up free from bondage.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you, Cecelia. I am a bit behind in my reading, so please forgive that I haven't commented lately. However, you are very much on my mind as you prepare for next week's surgery. I am so glad that things have worked out for your hubby and son to be there. And regarding our current state of affairs in this country, all I can say is God is still on the throne, He is in control no matter what. We can rely on Him to take care of us and lead us safely through this "storm". Praying for you. I hope you will be able to update us as soon as you are able.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: I don't know for sure how long I will be in the hospital. God is in control of ALL things, personal and national.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...