Friday, November 6, 2020

October Reflections

 

seaofblush.com


Personal Things

This month has brought us some sobering news. In mid-November, I will undergo major surgery. About five days before that, I will take a COVID-19 test. The surgery will be performed at a hospital about 30 minutes from home-in our state capital.

 

We received word that my former hairstylist lost her husband to the COVID-19 Pandemic. He had been in the hospital for just over a month. Kelly grew up across the street from us. She has a strong faith. 

 

Our son Roger came home when we told him about what we initially knew about my condition. We do not know about Thanksgiving or Christmas. I will be housebound for eight weeks after I am released from the hospital.

Christmas and Thanksgiving both could be late this winter. Maybe in February.

 

Writing

I have not heard a reply from that Christian magazine about my submission. I need to look at that article and try to make it better and search for another outlet.

 

I took some time a while back and set up my monthly themes for 2021. Each year, certain months always have the same theme.          

            Jan.-New                                            July-Celebrate

Feb.-Showing God’s Love/Lent    Aug.- Rest

            March- Lent                                      Sept, Prepare

            Apr. Lent/ Witness                         Oct. Word for 2021

            May. Gift                                           Nov. Blessings

            June Serve                                         Dec. Advent Theme

           

I intend to have some blog breaks figured into my schedule for 2021. I just have not figured out when they will be. I know it is important for me to take these breaks. When I do, I return to blogging with joy.

I will share my word for 2021 early in January.

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. You are very organized!! I tend to be very spontaneous and work as the Lord gives me ideas. He seems to rarely give me much information ahead of time...or maybe I'm not paying attention. Praying for you as you prepare for your surgery. Praying God will give you complete healing and strength to withstand all that will be required as you recover. Praying you will have good helpers to be there for you as you do recover. Hopefully you will feel up to doing some writing while convalescing. Might me a good journaling time. Either way, God will be with you and giving you His words of comfort and healing. Take care and know that many will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind thoughts and your encouragement. God is good and He is in control. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. I will be praying for you as well Cecelia, that you will recover completely and you will feel Gods hand on you as you rest and regain strength. I hope and pray writing and blogging will be a comfort to you, as well as reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marja: Thank you for your prayer support. I have a book of short Bible studies I plan on getting back to. It is the one about the parables. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...