Wednesday, September 1, 2021

August Reflections

 

123 freevectron.com


 

 Computer

These past couple of months, I have had issues with my printer, my laptop battery, and my laptop itself. Because of the printer issues, and having to order a new battery, I chose to have my laptop repaired. I am not an IT person. However, I have had instances of problems since I received it back.

 

Those Gifts for Friends

 

My friend, Terri, who is our Children’s Ministries Director, loved the books of color sheets I made for her. We had a children’s Summer Round-Up for our Kids Club early in the month. Our pastor told the story of Noah. Each child received a color sheet showing Noah on the ark.

 

That evening I showed a friend of mine a picture of the wreath I made for the lady who was moving to assisted living after her time in rehab was over. (My friend is a cousin of the lady,) She told me that some of them from the church were going down to see her and suggested they take it down for me. I showed the picture to the gentleman who was driving two of the ladies down there. They both liked it.

             Here is a picture of Fall Wreath for my friend.

 

  Writing

I am happy to be able to get back to writing. I spent some time lately laying out the themes for my blog for September and October. I am  considering my word for 2022 and the monthly themes.

 

Getting Back to My Projects

I let up on working on my computer/writing room. When Roger visited us, I asked him to help me decide what to do about some old stuff that I had kept hanging onto. (I didn’t know what they were or if they were any good.) Most of the items were outdated. I placed them in a box to take to the county recycle center along with my old printer. (I need to ask someone to help me do this.)

Our entry door has a new fall wreath hanging on it. I removed the spring flowers and placed fall flowers and leaves on the wreath base.

                               Here is a  picture of our fall wreath.




 

 Christmas Creations

 

I also worked on a Christmas wreath using a metal base. I am at a stopping point on it. I need to find some white poinsettias to complete it. I will post it on this blog when I am able to complete it.

 

In the fall of 2019, I had made some bookmarks for an ecumenical women’s group that I attended. Because of the way they turned out, I chose to try to make some for Christmas that year but got distracted. Last year, I didn’t think about them. Last month, I went into Publisher and worked on them again. Three fourths of them will have pictures I have taken in the past. Part of those will have a special symbol that is mounted on the wall of our sanctuary. I am not sure how all of this will turn out. God will guide me through this process.    


I also did some baking. I made blueberry muffins, We could not get the cranberry celebrations for a while. They were not as sweet as the cranberry ones.

               Blueberry Muffins.



                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

 

4 comments:

  1. Your wreaths are so pretty! I love them both!! That reminds me that I need to put a fall wreath on the door. I was waiting until after Labor Day to do it. Sounds like you have been busy with projects...that bookmark project sounds interesting. Would be nice to see it when it is done. Glad you got your computer issues fixed. Hope everything is working better for you by now. My computer keeps doing some strange things lately, so I am trying to back up things that haven't been backed up before onto flash drives so I don't lose everything if the computer should fail. Your muffins look good. I could use a nice hot buttered muffin right now with a cup of tea!! Great idea! Now just to make some! LOL. Have a great day. Thank you for your kind thoughts and prayers for our kids. We are SO thankful for the way God is helping them through this crisis. God is so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your warm thoughts. I trust that your kids will progress through this COVID bout. We stay in a lot due to our individual health issues. I still were a mask when I go into the stores and to church. I don't need anything else working on me. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. It's been so long since I read a blog post! I love that you are back to writing. I love this space you keep here in the blogosphere! Your presence and sharing is comforting to me, Cecelia. Thank you for continuing to be faithful to press on with writing...and sharing yourself here. I am also thinking about my One Word, I may even have it...but unclear. I need to hear God's voice in concluding this year with my current word...love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dawn: So nice to hear from you. God is keeping me journaling and writing. With the COVID stuff, we have stayed close to home. I pray for you often. Peace and blessings to you and your husband.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...