Friday, July 15, 2022

What God Requires

 

 

He has shown you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to love justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God!  Micah 6:8 (NKJV)

 

God shows us His goodness to us each day. The sun shining through my living room window brings the words, “Thank You, Lord!” to my mind and heart. When I manage to get some good sleep through the night, I try to thank Him for that gift.

 

God shows us His goodness in many ways, ways we often take for granted. What does He expect from us?

 

God expects us to love justly. What does that mean? Could it mean that when we hear of someone doing wrong to another that we are to ask God to deal with this person according to His standard of right and wrong-according to what His justice?

 

The Lord also expects us to love mercy. Could this mean that we are to show mercy to those who have done wrong to us or to others? Showing mercy can be difficult but God expects His children to do it.   

 

He also desires that we “walk humbly” with Him. God wants His children to know that He is perfect and infallible, while we, His children are imperfect and make mistakes.

 

I was reminded of this song as I initially typed this blog entry. I hope you enjoy it.



2 comments:

  1. Dear Quiet Spirit, I am not sure if you are reading on the Parsha cycle, but just was such a `wow` moment to see you posted Micah 6:8, as this verse is being read and studied all over the world in Jewish and Messianic Synagogues!!! Amen. It is the `Haftarah` prophets portion to go with the weekly Torah Portion. Surely God is speaking this word to us all in this day, as we prepare for Shabbat and then Sunday which is a Fast day for the Jewish people around the world. Thank you for posting this, I praise God as His Holy Spirit connects all His people in One in Him. Blessings and Shabbat Shalom!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayndel: Thank you for your kind comment. Yes, I believe God is speaking to us as we go through our days here. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...