Monday, February 27, 2023

Love On Another

 







This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

John 15:12 (NKJV)


These are the words of Jesus, spoken to his disciples at the Last Supper.


He tells the ones gathered around the table that this is what He expects from them. He tells them, and us, to love each other as He has us. Very simply stated.


How have we, as a people, done in following this commandment. I am afraid that we have not done well with this.


In our newspaper this week was a column from a writer who pointed out that in my home state we have TODDLERS handling guns and shooting themselves, some of them died.(1.)


In another area of our society, we have had children become victims of shootings. We send children to school for them to learn and not be targets.


The legislators in my home state are seriously considering a bill to allow teachers to have guns in their classrooms.


Again, that columnist reported knowing teachers who do not agree with this idea. All the teachers whom he interviewed are considering leaving the profession. (2.)


I think we can do a better job of loving others as Jesus did.


1. The Howey Report, Brian Howey,

February 20,2023.(CNHI Herald Bulletin)


2. The Howey Report, Brian Howey,

February 20, 2023 (CNHI Herald Bulletin)



2 comments:

  1. We certainly can, and we must, do better before our societal structure collapses completely. Be careful for whom you vote.
    Blessings, Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha: Thank you for your thoughts. Our son recently said this is not the world he grew up in, (He's in his early 50's) And he is right. He lives 100 miles south of us.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...