Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Experiencing God

 

                  http://www.christianbooks.com// BibleStudies


I believe it was A. W. Tozer who wrote in his book, Authentic Worship that we have to experience God in order to fully know Him.


Some people tell us they know “about” God. By this they may mean they heard of Him as a child or they heard His name taken in vain. There once was a comedy series where the main character would respond to something she didn’t care for with, “God’s going to get you for that!”

In order to know God, a person must spend time with Him. In order to fully know God we have to experience Him. I have found this thought to be true.


Two weeks before COVID-19 shut down our world, I fell in my kitchen and damaged my good foot. At the orthopedic doctor’s office, I was given a medical boot. I could not make friends with it. From time to time, it would cause me to pitch backward. One day, I got up and used my chrome walker to get to the bathroom. I did what I had to do; got up and washed my hands. I turned toward the door and felt myself falling backward. Our bath tub was behind me. I had the feeling I was going to fall across the tub and hit my head.(We had lost my Husband’s sister because she fell and had hit her head.) I let out a short yell. Hubby was there in an instant.


He stood in the doorway as I felt two strong hands grab my sides, just above my waist. The next thing I knew those hands sat me down on the edge of the tub.


I had never experienced anything like that before. Since then, I have found a peacefulness I have never had before. I am not as prone to get upset at something that happens. I am more selective on what I watch on television. I find myself praying at different times of the day. I thank God for all of these blessings He has given me.

6 comments:

  1. Are you saying that it was God who placed His strong hands on your sides and sat you down on the edge of the tub? I do believe that. I know God has rescued me from falling and other serious possibilities of harm. We are so blessed to be His children. There's a gospel song that says "He's as close as the mention of His name." When we call on Jesus, He is right there instantly. I know...I've experienced that especially during the night when I've had bad nightmares, and I call on Jesus and the nightmare stops and I am safe. We just don't realize how often He does this for us. Praise God you were not harmed in a bad fall. God is so faithful. I hope you have a blessed and beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Yes, I am saying that God put His hands on me and set me down. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. I'm still having some issues with balance, so your story here hits home for me, Cecelia. I am extra careful walking anywhere, and careful when bending down to retrieve an object. So very thankful to God for helping me be more mindful of where and how I take a step.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martha Jane: We have to be extra careful. I took a class on balance last fall. The one thing I was impressed with was that we should never get up out of bed without turning on a light. God takes care of us but we have to be careful. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this confirms that He is right beside you! Awesome, thanks for sharing that story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Thank you for your very kind comment. Since I realized what happened on that day, I have become more aware of His presence in my life. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...