Monday, December 25, 2023

Thank you, WOTY 2023

 

clipartbest.com 






I chose you for my word this year, not knowing what to expect. You have taught me so much. Here are just a few lessons I learned.


* I need to ask God’s forgiveness throughout each day. Sometimes immediately after I mess up.


* I need to let go of hurts, present and past, in order to grow closer to God.


* I discovered that the dysfunction in families could be dealt with by people forgiving one another.


* I have come to believe that friendships might not end if the people involved would forgive each other.


* We are to “forgive one another as God in Christ forgave you”. Ephesians 4:32 (This scripture always makes me stop and think.)


This has been an exciting adventure learning about forgiveness. I believe studying this word and applying those lessons to my life has made me grow closer to God. These lessons will be with me always.

10 comments:

  1. God certainly has lessons for us to learn in all circumstances, Cecelia. Hope your Christmas was a fantastic one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: Yes, He has many lessons for us to learn. Peace and blessings to you and yours. Happy New Year,

      Delete
  2. Forgiveness is something we all need a lot more of in this world. Good word choice. Now I am curious what your new word will be for 2024. I still haven't decided mine yet. I let God decide for me, and He usually does direct me to a special word during these last days of the year. 2023 was Listen, and right now I am listening for His voice directing me to the new word! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: This practice of choosing one word to guide us through a year has always been an adventure for me. I will announce my word for 2024 on January 2. Peace and blessings to you and yours. Happy New Year.

      Delete
  3. It is such a beautiful word, Cecelia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aritha: Thank you. I find that whatever word I choose, I learn a lot about it and myself during that year. Peace and blessings to you and yours, Happy New Year.

      Delete
  4. What a wonderful adventure you have been on. My prayer for you is that God will bless you in new & exciting ways in 2024.

    One Word 6, 7, 8, 9, & 15 this month.
    https://mylifeinourfathersworld.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb H. Thank you for your prayer. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  5. I so enjoyed following your forgiveness journey this year, Cecelia. It's definitely one of those words that we need to practice again and again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: I appreciate the Facebook group and its page. I still find myself asking God to forgive me. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...