Tuesday, September 3, 2024

August Reflections

 

lacyazorleepages,dev




Getting Back in the Swing of Things


I thought I found myself getting back to feeling like doing some things. I didn’t know if it is the cooler weather or a “just do it” attitude had taken over. That feeling didn’t hang around for long.

Posting on a Forum


I placed my blog post,”Trust Fall” on this forum that I frequent. I received a lot of good remarks from some of the other members. That made me feel very good.


I missed going to a wedding


The audio-visual man at church got married on the first Saturday of August. I awoke that morning with a sour tummy. I chose not to go because I did not know where that sourness would lead. I had a card already made out. On Sunday, the couple were in church. As I handed her the card, I explained why I was absent the day before. She understood. So did a lady who is related to the husband’s brother. Everyone knew that I made a good choice.


Bible Study


The Bible study I attend on Thursdays is very interesting. The discussions have let me learn more about those with whom I worship. They use the Life Guide series from Inter Varsity Press. We studied Proverbs in July and August. I learned a lot about the topics we studied.


Pastor Rick


This month our Pastor, still on medical leave, walked the entire length of the pew area to receive communion. He then walked across the front of that section of pews and returned to his seat at the back of the sanctuary.


Two days later, we had a funeral for a 99-year old lady who was a member of our church. He spoke for about five minutes, sharing memories of the dear lady. He walked up to the speakers stand, carrying a small three ring binder in his injured left hand. Those was two miracles we witnessed that first week of the month.


New Glasses


I had an eye exam in July. I ordered new glasses. The gentleman who fitted me for them told me they would be in on August 4th.


That date was on a Sunday. The place is closed on Sundays. I chose not to correct him. Sure enough, I received a phone call on Monday with the news that my glasses were in. We went and picked them up that afternoon.


The Cooler Weather


The thermometer created a wonderful break from the intense heat we had this summer. A woman in out Sunday school class did not like the cool weather this month, “This is August; it’s supposed to be hot.” But, the relief from the heat turned out to be short-lived.


God’s Guidance For Us


When we ask God to guide us, what are we asking Him to do? Do we ask Him for His guidance or do we ask Him to approve our plans for what we want to do?


By asking Him to guide us through a difficult time, we allow Him to:


Guard us from questionable influences.

Unite us with others whp can help us.

Infuse us with Your Spirit.

Don’t give up on us.

Envelop us, Your children with Your love.


Prayers, Please

Please pray for my family. That’s all I can say at this time. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. I will certainly lift your family in prayer, Cecelia. It sounds like your month of August was a busy one, for sure, and praise for Pastor Rick's healing!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: Thank you for your concern and your thoughts. Pastor Rick still has a way to go to feel that he can assume his role as our pastor; however, he is still making progress. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

In the Light of His Countenance

     Pinterest                                   Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound\!                  They walk, O Lord ,...