Monday, September 8, 2008

God Speaks Through His People

I read a book by Patsy Clairmont yesterday; I finished it this morning. The title was "Normal is just a setting on your dryer." It is a series of short essays about her life and how God has intervened.

I can identify with the lesson she learned in the last chapter. Her sister was ill and the illness had progressed to the sister being on life-support. She was asked to go to her sister's home state and be there while the crisis was going on. Patsy really wasn't sure she could do that. Les, her husband, reminded her of the fact that God uses people to speak and to work through.

The outcome for Patsy's sister was good because Patsy's voice brought the sister to the point she could open her eyes in the presence of a nurse, who had earlier said, no it can't happen.

Does God speak through people on a routine basis? I believe He can and does. The presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives is the pathway by which God speaks to us today.

Have you ever thought of a person you haven't seen for a long time? God could be telling you they need your prayers.

Have you awakened with words to a praise song running through your mind? God is comforting you or giving you strength through the music.

Have you needed to talk to someone and that person calls you on the phone? God has placed it on their heart to call you because He knows you need to talk to that person.

For myself, I intend to listen when God speaks to me, especially when He uses a friend. I also intend to listen when He instructs me to speak to someone with a need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...