Friday, November 6, 2009

HOW CAN WE SHOW THANKS?

Have we ever gotten a note expressing thanks from another person? How did it make you feel?

When someone holds a door open for us how do we respond? Do we just walk on through the door or do we express our thanks? We should thank the person. And do we hold the door open for others? We might not always hear the person thanking us, but we find ourselves doing it because we know it’s the right thing to do. And then, we might be surprised and that person may respond.

Sometimes we are told to pay it forward. A friend does something nice to help us. He or she tells us to do a special deed for someone else. Do we seek to serve others, no matter how small the act? Something as simple as giving a ride to someone down the street.

Do we volunteer our time, resources, and talents? Do we send out cards to those who are ill or experience difficult times? Do we donate to missions or to a local nonprofit ministry or charity?

1 comment:

  1. I will admit, I'm terrible with thank you notes. But I do thank people in person. We regularly donate to various organizations throughout the year. But I know I should offer more of my time to helping those organizations too.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Renew a Right Spirit

  Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in within me. Cast me not from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. P...