Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Personal God

“So do not fear, I am with you;

Do not be dismayed, for I am your God.

I will strengthen you and help you.

I will Uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

Isaiah 41:10 NIV



We all have fears and times of being less than thrilled with our lives. But we have a God whose desire is to guide us through those times of being scared.

People fear the unknown. A friend of mine lost her mother on Christmas eve. She has to make decisions about her calling and her life that she didn’t think she’d have to make now.

This verse tells us that God is with us. Another friend had a complication after a knee replacement surgery last year. Next month, she and her husband will celebrate 54 years of marriage. Those who know them know He was with her and answered our prayers.

God tells us not to be discouraged. His explanation is simple. “For I am your God.” He is the One who saves us from our sins. When the Lord grants us salvation, He makes it personal. He knows us by name.

In making our relationship with Him personal, Jesus stands beside us and gives us strength. He helps us through the difficult times. He comes to us when we feel helpless and we aren’t comfortable sharing with people.

Christ gives us the stamina we need to face the issues life brings us. A lady lost her youngest son last September. She misses him. But she looks back on the times they had together, just them, as she accompanied him to his doctor appointments and chemo sessions. God was with her upholding her each time she went with him to hear the test results and to take treatment.


While we don’t always know God is with us, He makes his presence known through ways of His choice. A scripture, a song brought to mind, the words of a friend all are paths He takes to let us know of his Holy presence.

3 comments:

  1. I take comfort in His words, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

    Blessings to you and your readers:)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. He is always with us. The times I've felt closest to God were during the most difficult times in my life. I can't imagine living without HIm.

    Thanks for another inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true, QS. I'm so glad it's true.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...