Monday, June 6, 2011

God Surprises Us With Joy





“for his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime;

weeping may remain for a night but rejoicing comes in the morning.”

Psalm 30:5 (NIV)



When we sin, God notices our transgression. He finds a way to show us where we fail Him. After we repent, our Father guides and protects us as we live for Him.,

While we work for, fellowship with, and follow our Lord, God grants us favor. He allows us to enjoy certain blessings, reserved for His children.

Hubby and I recently enjoyed one of those blessings-I sometimes call them ‘God moments’. We chose to go out for lunch at a buffet place on the far side of town.

As we sat there eating and talking, he looked up and asked me, “Is that who I think it is?”

“It’s Connie’s sister, Judy.” Connie and Judy and their two sisters were close friends of Hubby’s late sister, Martha. Hubby and Judy had graduated from high school together.

He went and spoke to Jill. She got out of line and came over to me and gave me a big hug. We talked and, a little later, here came Candy. She asked about our extended family. I told them about Son moving out of state and about his new job.

As we left the restaurant, we passed by their table. I jokingly went up to Judy and said something cute.

I told Connie that we were due to have some sad times soon. Martha’s birthday was coming in five days. I even went so far as to say, “We’ll all have a month of it.” She nodded.

I call this meeting a ‘God moment’ because they thought a lot of Martha and miss her almost as much as we do. He ordained this meeting and gave us His love and comfort in an otherwise humdrum day.

I will remember the joy I felt that day for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...