Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Searching for Joy





Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith,

who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame,

and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who

endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow

weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:2-3 (NIV)



From time to time I hear news that tends to get me down. On a recent day, I received two pieces of information that caused my mood meter to take a nosedive.

Two of my friends and their husbands are going through trials involving a health issue that their adult children have to deal with.

At this time I can’t give particulars on these needs because one of those youngish children is still in the discovery stage- nothing definite, just a scary symptom. The other family is dealing with the possibility of their loved one going through a very difficult path of dealing with disease.

Compounding these people’s traumas is the one family has already lost a member to this disease. The mother still has times of grieving for the child lost several years ago. My other friends are already dealing with this disease present in one of the older family members.

I know God is in control and can take care of anything He allows to enter our lives. Sometimes, I forget this and for a while I let the stressor work on me. I can’t do this; it’s not good for my emotional make up. I could get physically ill myself if I would let these issues get to me.

I have to give these trials over to God and let Him handle the situation. I have to study my Bible and pray about the issue and maybe even study a few hymns to find the joy I need to stay on track with Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...