Friday, June 14, 2024

Trusting Him

 

candidlychristian.com 



Many sorrows shall be to the wicked, But he, who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him.

Psalm 32:10 (NKJV)


We say we trust God, but do we? Sometimes don’t we mouth those words to those around us and deep inside we think, “I know what I am doing.”?


Recently, I woke up in the wee hours of the morning. We were taking a daytrip to a reunion of the class my husband would have graduated with had his family not moved away from there.


I noticed something about my vision. It was not good. The next few weeks were going to be busy ones for me. I give a Children’s Moments message at church one Sunday a month. I was planning to do preregistration for Vacation Bible School for three Sundays in a row. We had to prepare for this event in the meantime.


Add into this mix my getting my donated items ready for the Church Rummage Sale, which comes the end of Father’s Day week. Plus, how was I going to get to church on Sundays and to Bible Study on Thursdays?


All these dates were running through my mind as I lay there trying to go back to sleep. Suddenly, God planted my WOTY, word of the year, TRUST, in my mind.


I focused on that precious word and fell back asleep. When I woke again, I checked my vision and saw that it was restored to where I could see pretty well.


My main concern was how was I going to get done what I needed to do? Get decorations for my VBS preregistration-registration table. How was I going to get my donations to the Church for the rummage sale? I didn’t think I should trust myself driving and my Hubby shouldn’t be driving when he hasn’t been able to get the proper sleep he needs.

Add to that the Zoom meeting I needed to attend for our Conference Prayer Network. Also, my printer seemed to have a mind of it’s own.


So far, God has taken care of most of these needs. God knows my needs and I have to trust Him. I have to praise Him for his help and guidance through these issues.

8 comments:

  1. Trust in God and lean not on your own understanding.
    Blessings, Cecelia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: Thank you for the scripture. It is my one for this year. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. I can imagine how scary that was for you, but praise God, your vision was restored, and you have been able to accomplish most of the tasks you need to get done. Praying that everything will be perfectly restored...but also advising you to keep your eyes checked to be sure there's nothing developing. Have you already had cataract surgery? That seems to hit us all at this stage in life. Mine are quite there yet, but the Dr. says give it another year. Still trusting God to give you wisdom about all that you need to do one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: I have an eye appointment in just over a month. I intend to keep watching for more instances like that one. I have been told that I have them and I need to tell her when I have issues with them. Thank you for your prayers. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. Trusting God - I've done that where I say it to others but then later have to remind myself to trust Him. Nothing like an early morning filled with 'To Do' lists in your head while trying to sleep. Ugh. Thankfully He knows our thoughts before we do, and He's always planned a way through whatever is facing us. He's such a good God. The things of this world however? A different story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy: Thank you for your thoughtful comment. We all need to trust Him as we go through the tough times in our lives. I have found that I learn something about myself in the process. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  4. Been there, done that Cecelia. Glad you are honest and write about it. Aren't you thankful for a word to stick to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Thank you for your thoughts. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Trusting Him

  candidlychristian.com  Many sorrows shall be to the wicked, But he, who trusts in the Lord, mercy shall surround him. ...