Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Our Lenten Witness-


            “A truthful witness gives honest testimony, but a false witness tells lies.” Proverbs12:17 (NIV)
            “A false witness will not go unpunished, and he who pours our lies will not go free.” Proverbs 19:5(NIV)
             
 { Because of my schedule with my therapy and some other things that entered my life, I have chosen to revisit some previous Lenten messages from my archives.}

            As children of God we have opportunities to witness for Him. We are not aware of the number of times we have made a statement for Christ.

            My husband and I stood in line at a local cafeteria. I had to decide on the type of roll I wanted with my meal. I looked longingly at the cinnamon roll. The worker behind the counter noticed what I saw. She asked, “Do you want that cinnamon roll?”

            I rallied from my wistful state and said, “I gave up sweets. I better have the wheat roll.”

            As we were eating our meal, the young lady made her way around the nearby tables, asking if the diners needed anything. She came to our table.

            “What made you give up sweets?” She looked at me as she waited for my answer.

            I paused and whispered, “For Lent.”

            “You’re my hero.”

            Here this young woman responded to my short answer. I didn’t know this person. I hadn’t seen her working there before. I only had these short snippets of conversation with her and, yet, she may have been searching for God. Only He knows if my witness planted a viable seed.

Graphic: www. vine2victory.com


9 comments:

  1. That's right! Only God knows. And 'only God' sees every time we're faithful, and He will reward. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhonda: We don't live our faith in a vaccuum. God created us to love Him and to help expand His Kingdom. May we all realize that we are His representatives as we travel this earth.

      Delete
  2. It's very true that we never know when we are planting seeds. Nice post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How awesome that the Lord let you know someone was listening. I'm proud of you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette: This was an eye opener for me. But, I learned a lesson from it. Thank you for your friendship.

      Delete
  4. How true that we never know how we are swaying people with our actions. Sometimes it is just the nudge they need in the right direction, and we don't even know we're nudging!

    I give up sweets for Lent every year. I love my sweets, mind you, so that is a sacrifice for me!

    I hope your PT is going well. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janette: Thank you for your kind words. I try to give up sweets each year unless He shows me another area of my life that I need to sacrifice. One year, it was Facebook. The first year our fomer church did it, I gave up television. I have given up sweets, again, this year.
      Therapy seems to be going well. She added some new things to my session today.Have blessed weekend.

      Delete
  5. Hi Cecelia! Welcome back! I hope you are feeling better?

    What a witness you were to that worker, and she to you. God knew about that appointment before you were born, isn't that amazing? And it stayed with you all this time. Thank you for sharing your close moment with God.
    You are still in my prayers as you recover.
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil: Thank you for your warm thoughts. God plans each day of our lives. That makes me stop and think. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...