Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Proclaim God’s Love

georgiapreach.wordpress.com

“It is good to praise the LORD and make music to your name, O Most High, to proclaim your love in the morning and your faithfulness at night.” Psalm 92:1-2 (NIV)

               The psalmist writes that it is good to praise the LORD. What does this mean? When we give praise to God, we show respect and thankfulness for all He has done for us. At each church service, our pastor asks if anyone has praise for the Lord. One time in my life, I felt God had turned his face from me. In one Sunday morning worship, I started writing on my worship folder the names of those who gave praise. This act helped me be thankful for what He was doing in the lives of others. I still practice this habit all these years later.
                 
               We see in these verses that we are to declare His love in our morning prayers. We can tell others of God’s watch care over His children. We can ask God to watch over those who go through difficult times, thereby showering His love on each of them.
 

               In the evenings, we are to affirm God’s faithfulness as we saw it throughout the day. After reflecting on this passage, I vow always to try to remember God’s faithfulness. He is faithful, even when I am not.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cecelia! I like that practice of reviewing the day and being thankful. I haven't done that on a regular basis, but I sure do have reason to praise him. How fun that your pastor asks everyone for their blessings to turn to praise. It is a wonderful way to think about our own.

    Isn't it amazing how God can care for all his children all the time?
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ceil: Thank you for your thoughtful comment. We ALL have reason to praise God. We, as His children, can praise Him for the smallest detail of our lives.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...