Wednesday, August 30, 2017

“I Am The Light of The World"



Image result for light of the world
https://tbquk.org

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12 (ESV)

            Jesus tells the crowd something I find very deep with this statement. What does he mean by these words?

            When we awaken in the morning, it might be that our homes are darkened because the sun has not risen. We instinctively turn on a lamp or an overhead light. We do this in order to see as we move from room to room. If we don’t use some form of light, we may be in danger of falling and injuring ourselves. In essence, we are protecting ourselves from harm. A safety light outside our homes protects us and our property from harm. If we live in towns or cities, we have the presence of street lights to help us stay safe as we travel at night.

            When Jesus describes Himself as “the light of the world,” He tells his listeners, then and today, that he will show his followers the way through this world, through difficulties and trials.  He states He will protect them from danger.

            I have a local friend who often says, “Jesus sees around corners, we can’t.” My version of her thought is, “Jesus sees the big picture; we can only see what’s in front of us.” He knows when we need Him to guide us and when he needs to protect us.
            Let’s all give praise to God for giving us Jesus, The Light of The World.

I am in search of reviewers to read and review my devotional book. I have several copies I will send those who are willing to read it and post a review on their blog. I f you are interested, please leave your email address in the comments section and I will get back to you very soon.
        As I need to prepare for my first book signings in September, I will be taking a break until September 6th. While I am on this short break. I will be assembling a display board about my book. I plan to contact some gift shops about possible book signings. Also, I have scheduled a meeting with a woman who will be assisting me in directing our church drama group’s Thanksgiving drama.


4 comments:

  1. Praying for you this next week as you go to your book signings. Praying it will be a time of real blessing for you and those you meet as well. I love your thoughts about Jesus being "the Light of the world"...I had an experience this past week similar to what you are describing. I woke up during the night to go to the bathroom, and realized that our power was off. It was SO DARK I could not get my bearings as to where I was. I accidentally woke up my hubby as I felt my way around the bed and grabbed his foot...kind of startled him to say the least. Without our usual nightlights on our house seemed really, really dark...kind of eerie. Without Jesus, our lives would be really, really dark...and very scary. So thankful for Jesus, The LIght of the World. Amen!! have a wonderful weekend and next week. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your thoughts. I had a glitch with the printer and they have to replace the shipment I ordered and received. They had a manufacturing defect. About the darkness in the middle of the night, we try to have those little flashlights handy when we stay in a motel. Enjoy your weekend and peace to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes when I pray for others to have wisdom, I envision Jesus pouring his light into their brains. No earthly understanding can compare with the light of his supernatural wisdom!
    I hope your book signings are a great success, Cecelia!
    Hugs, Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jen, for your thoughtful comments. As you know, marketing is not easy. Thank you for your prayers.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

'Til the Storm Passed By

  cc This is a hymn that came to my mind this week. I became acquainted with it back in 1978. It has helped me through some difficult times....