Tuesday, August 29, 2017

“I am the Bread of Life”

Image result for I Am The Bread of life
http://stevedusek.com

                       
                        Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. John 6:35 (ESV)

            In reading the book of John, I find myself caught by Jesus’ stating the “I AM” statements.

            He has fed five thousand plus people. He departs the area and heads across the Sea of Galilee. The people followed Him, going by boat across the water to Capernaum.  When He talks to the crowd of people, our LORD identifies himself as “The Bread of Life.”
           
            What do we know about this statement, “I am the Bread of Life? Bread in our lives sustains us. For most of us, it has life-enhancing qualities. How many meals have we eaten without having a slice or two of bread?
Let’s see, most of us have toast or English muffins for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, dinner rolls for dinner and for holiday meals. Jesus sustains us in our times of stress and troubles. He gives us the strength to stand firm in the face of tragedy. He guides us when we have lost our way
Prayer: Dear Father God, Thank you for your gift to us, Your Son. Thank You for allowing Him to sustain us in our darkest hours.
In the Name of Jesus, I pray. AMEN
           


6 comments:

  1. Amen. I love this scripture. Its nice to find your blog and how you describe in your home pages about how you came to your blog as a `writing ministry`. Blessings and `Shalom` to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayndel: Thank you for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your thoughts. Feel free to stop in when you can. I usually blog three times a week. I visited your site. It is very well done.

      Delete
  2. I love the thought of Jesus as the bread of life. He is our very sustenance. I cannot imagine living without His life giving bread...and also His living water...Hallelujah! What a Savior!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: When I read what the apostle John has written, I focus on the message differently than I have in the past. These phrases are beautiful. Peace be with you and yours.

      Delete
  3. I've just written a piece - very short - on a similar theme. I came by your blog when looking for an image to go with my writing. Your post is 2017, a while ago ...Please write more...

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me know about your blog. I will check it out. I try to write on a regular basis. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...