Thursday, October 5, 2017

Bless Us with Peace

"Peace comes when there is no cloud between us and God."
https://www.christianquotes.info/top-quotes/16-amazing-quotes-about-peace


May the LORD give strength to his people! May the LORD bless his people with peace!
Psalm 29:11 (ESV)

A Psalm of David, entitled “Ascribe to the LORD Glory” He tells us to give God the glory due Him. He tells us to pay homage God “in the splendor of his holiness. We are to respect our heavenly Father for who He is. David speaks of the Lord’s voice powerful, using different forceful descriptions. Then David writes the words of our focus verse.

David seems to be asking the LORD make His people strong. The part of this focus verse is the part where the psalmist speaks of God giving His people peace.

Our church has had an unusual week. Our church started out the week with a 24-hour prayer vigil. Some of us have had a major concern since that vigil ended. The causes of this unsettling feeling are too involved to discuss here. But this scripture brings me out of the doldrums I have felt.


David reminds me that God can bless his people with peace.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, God will bless His people with peace. Sometimes the devil tries to break in and steal our peace, but when we keep our eyes focused on Jesus, the Author and finisher of our faith, we will have peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God blesses us in ways we don't always realize. I keep a 'blessing jar'on my coffee table. I spent some time today reading the slips I had written blessings on earlier this year. It bolstered my spirit about a certain issue that has plagued me this week.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...