Friday, November 10, 2017

Praise God for His Strength and Power

http://quotesgram.com/inspirational-quotes-for-difficult-moments/


Ascribe power to God, whose majesty is over Israel, and whose power is in the skies. Awesome is God from his sanctuary; the God of Israel—he is the one who gives power and strength to his people. Psalm 68:34-35 (ESV)

David continues praising God for His power and strength. At the same time, he tells us to recognize that God is the source of our strength. He reminds us to continue to give praise for the LORD’s attributes. It is God who gives us strength to meet our needs and the power to stand for Him.


This passage reminds me of the words of Paul, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have had times when I felt I just couldn’t do something that I had planned. Then, I continue and do that activity. After that time, I find myself amazed that I had accomplished that task—in spite of myself. Reflecting on those things, I realize that God was there giving me strength, support, and power.   

6 comments:

  1. Hi Quiet Spirit - Many times when the Lord tells us to do something, it seems so hard. Yet, as we step out in faith, He makes the way. God bless, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan: Thank you for your thought. We sometimes forget that we have to trust the LORD and step out in faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cecilia - we need peace ... and we will be given our strength - with thoughts this Remembrance Day weekend - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hilary: Yes we need peace, personal peace, interpersonal peace, national peace and world peace. I love the song,"Let There be Peace on Earth" especially the line that says,"and let it begin with me." Peace and Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  4. Hi Cecelia! I've had that experience too, I just don't think I can do it. But of course I can't, not without God! He does help us in surprising ways, that's for sure. Always there, always helping. Aren't we the luckiest children?
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have often found myself quoting the Apostle Paul, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." God is our strength and our peace in this world. Peace and Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...