Friday, December 1, 2017

November in Retrospect


Because Advent doesn’t start until December 3rd this year, I have chosen to again update you on the events of my personal life in November.

The big one for Hubby and me was our 49th wedding anniversary. We went out to eat at Cracker Barrel. He bought me one dozen long-stemmed roses. To mark the occasion, I had purchased flowers for the church altar.



Our Drama group at church presented a short play entitled “Thankfulness.” This was one I wrote and directed. The congregation received it well; we heard lots of compliments about it.
Malchus
Bartimaeus
Jairus
Martha



I had two book signings. The first one was at a local gift shop. This was a learning experience for me. For the second one, I participated in an Artisan Fair at our local library. The weather did not cooperate. I was able to talk to some people about my book and sold a few. In spite of the weather and the low turnout, this was my best event.

My table at the Artisan Fair
I took my blogging friends with me to the Artisan Fair
     
                        


Just past the middle of November, I received Hearing aids. They help with some issues I have had that caused me some concern.

I started doing research on a new book. I call this project, “My obedience project.” It is in a genre that I thought I would never write in. More about this project later.

A few years ago, I participated with some fellow bloggers in a small group that once a month would pull out old journals and post an entry, adding updates if we chose to. The group went by the name “Random Journal Day.” The one who started it, Dawn Paoletta, Enthusiastically, Dawn has published a book entitled “Journaling for Discovery and Delight.” Here is the link to it, Journaling for Discovery and Delight  I'll have more on this later.

During the month of December, I will post thoughts about the Advent season. I will also plan for 2018 for my monthly themes and confirm my choice for my word of the upcoming year.

Please be in prayer for me this winter as I consider more effective ways to market my book.


2 comments:

  1. You have had a busy, but productive month of November! I would have loved to have seen that play that you wrote and directed. The characters look really interesting, and I can imagine they had some wonderful things to share about being thankful..since they had such personal encounters with the Lord. Your book display looks great...and what an honor to see that you included my blog with your display. Thank you...but you are the star here...I know your book will bless all who come in contact with it in this upcoming year. Hearing aids? Wow! something I am told that I probably need...someday. I hope they help you. Your new book research sounds intriguing. That will be a challenge...I don't know if I have the "obedience" to embark on such a journey. I will pray for you as the Lord directs your steps. Have a blessed Advent and Christmas season. Such an exciting time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cecelia! You have been very busy! I'm so glad you had a successful book signing, and I'm sure it would have been even more so if the weather was better.
    God bless you on your next writing journey too. And may you and yours have a wonderful Christmas season!
    Blessings,
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...