Wednesday, November 29, 2017

How Can We Give Praise?

http://lessonsinashell.blogspot.com

In doing research for graphics for the blog posts this month, I came across words with a spectacular message.

As forms of giving praise we can:

                         P Pray continually.
                         R Read the Word every day.
                         A Acknowledge Jesus as Lord.
                          I  Invest ourselves in mentoring.
                          S  Serve and share your faith.
                          E  Encourage one another daily.

As I look at these, I find I have some work to do. Being retired and spends a lot of time at home, I don’t see a lot of people through the week. Even when I was a young mother, I did not see many people. I have learned to speak words of blessings to those who attend me in the marketplace. Some of them even thank me after they hear, “Have a blessed day” or “Be Blessed” After a recent Sunday school class, I overheard our teacher say, “Since I retired, I don’t see people like I did when I worked.”

As our population becomes more insular, we have to present Christ to others whenever we can. I realize we have to always be kind, gentle, joyous and loving in order to present Him to those in the world. I also know it can be difficult to do. But Jesus commands us to go into the world, be a witness to others and make disciples of those we meet.


I intend to search the Word and find scripture that I can use to help those who search for God. I intend to spend time listening more when I am out and including those I meet and interact with in my prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, we don't see as many people face to face as we once did while working. The computer seems to be my window of opportunity to reach out to others, so I try to follow that little guide above here as well as in person. Our blogs and facebook are great places to bless and encourage others, many of whom we may never have the opportunity to meet face to face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your thoughts. I have been praying for a neighbor who lives across the street from us. She and her tween son, a terminal Muscular Distrophy patient, will be moving from our street to a house a couple of blocks away. She is going through a messy divorce. I pray for her several times a day. She is one of my Facebook friends, so I am able to encourage her through that site.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...