Wednesday, March 28, 2018

RJD Reunion, Where I Am in Writing

Galleryleather.com
Several years ago, I happened on to a blog site belonging to a woman who later became known as Enthusiastically Dawn. She had an event  called Random Journal Day.  We  pulled out our old or our current journals and shared with the others and whoever else read our blogs. By participating, I got to know other bloggers and what they wrote about.



Lately, I haven’t been journaling on a regular basis (I know, shame on me.) I did decide after reading another RJD person about her activities to at least open my most recent journal book and see what I could find that might be of interest to patricipate in this reunion.

Journal Entry Dated 2/16-17-2017

2/16
I received a phone call from my dear friend Martha. She was uncharacteristically upset. Her sister-in-law, Wilma, was unexpectantly taken to a nursing home on Tuesday night. Martha was visiting her at the facility. As she left, she ran into her brother and one of their daughters.
Her brother was going to see his doctor. He was severely dehydrated. His daughter was told he’d have to drink 64 ounces of water to get hydrated. That day he was going to the ER for a related circumstance.
Martha asked me to pray over the phone for her and her kin. We prayed and then we talked for a bit. I told her, “I wish I could say everything was going to be all right, but, I can’t. She understood what I meant. At our age we know things can “go south” quickly. We both know our lives are in God’s hands.
When she went to see Wilma, she read today’s devotion from Jesus Calling. It was perfect for where Wilma was. She also took a book by my friend Jeanette Levellie and read some of the stories to her. (Martha said she took Jeanette. The way she said it made me laugh.)

2/17
I e-mailed Jeanette and shared with her about Martha “taking Jeanette with her.” I also shared with her that Wilma enjoyed the stories .Jeanette thanked me for passing the story on to her. She told me she had become discouraged about her writing. I felt I had been used by God.

Present day Things

Both Hubby and I were down with the Influenza A. I had to go to the ER with him one Sunday in February. They admitted him due to another issue that was going on. I realized the next day that I might have caught it also. After getting into our doctor on the next day (Tuesday,) I had to go to the hospital to bring Hubby home. He walked out of the hospital and I got to ride in a wheelchair.
I was down for about 3 ½ weeks. I did not writing. I did no research on my new book. I did no investigating of where I could try to do book signings for my published book. I am still in a quandary what to do with promoting it. I really need some people to pray about this for me.
I am just getting back to wanting to write again. I have several letters of encouragement to write and I have three more to write.  I hope to review two books I have read. These are written by authors I personally know. I also am awaiting a book to come from a publishing company that I will be reading and reviewing.

6 comments:

  1. When we encourage one another in our writing pursuits or just in general, it does us such a world of good...both to the encourager and the encouragee...I love that about our blog world...we have been good friends and motivators here...and even prayer partners. This has been such a blessing to me. Thank you for your faithfulness to writing about God's Word. We need to keep His Word uppermost in our thoughts daily, and this is a good way to do so. Blessings and prayers for your future writing efforts. God is with you, and He will guide your steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, Thank you for the kind thoughts. It blesses me to know that God uses me for His kingdom. Blessings on you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! That flu is nasty this year. I am glad you are feeling better and beginning to want to get back to writing. Thank you for sharing from your journal. I like hearing about how God uses what we "just happen" to be studying/reading/pondering to minister to someone else. Have a blessed day and I hope you continue to feel better each day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy: Thank you for stopping in. Yes, the flu was nasty. We have had a "real" winter here in Indiana. I am ready for sunshine, warmer temps, and flowers. I read your blog entry for RJD. I liked what you said. Blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you reconnected with RJD! I know how the writing, even journaling, can go into a slump! I find the great bunch of women here encouraging and inspiring. May you be encouraged, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sylvia: Thank you for stopping in. Also, thank you for your encouragement. Blessings to you and yours on this Easter.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...