Friday, May 25, 2018

GDPR Compliance:

See the source image
http://joe-mccullough.com


Effective May 25, 2018, The European Union has created a law called General Data Protection Regulation. Anyone worldwide who does business with a resident of the European Union has to comply with its requirements. Doing business includes sharing information via blogs.

My GDPR Statement*:

1.) I do not nor have not knowingly shared email addresses or personal data of my readers or followers. Nor will I do so. I do not store any information on my computer about their visits to my blog site.

2.) I have never used an email newsletter service such as Mail Chimp for sending a newsletter. Nor do I presently intend to.

3.) When I should choose to have a giveaway on this blog, it will be limited to those in the United States and will be at the reader’s choice to participate, (opt-in.)

4.) If any of my readers choose to follow any links to another blog that appear in my blog entries, they are expected to investigate that blog’s GDPR compliance statement.

5.) If I should have the need to change this statement, I will amend it as soon as possible.


Created by:
Cecelia Lester (aka Quiet Spirit)

May 23, 2018

*I have added a copy of this to my pages on this blog.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It has been suggested that we do it if we collect any information from EU residents. I received an e-mail from one who asked if I had received her comments on my blogs. I hadn't been getting notification of comments being made. That's why I am so late in responding to your question.
      You may want to read the following blog post:https://thewriteconversation.blogspot.com/2018/05/what-is-gdpr-and-what-does-it-mean-for.html

      Delete
  2. wow! I did not know this. My hubby asked me something about it today, and I was ignorant...so now I need to figure this out for my blog...Thank you for this information....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I am sorry to take so long to reply. I was not getting e-mail notification of any comments. Marja e-mailed me about not seeing hers. I intend to do better, I promise. You,also, may want to read the following blog post:https://thewriteconversation.blogspot.com/2018/05/what-is-gdpr-and-what-does-it-mean-for.html

      Delete
  3. Thank you for your input. I will be checking out the link you gave at another time.

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...