Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Life at Our House May 2018

We have an enclosed front porch. When it is warm, but not hot, I spend time out there in the late afternoons. About two months ago, the local newspaper had a story about this pastor of a sister-church who had made butterflies to celebrate Lent. She had made one for each day of Lent. The picture in the paper was in color which added to the attraction we felt. Hubby suggested I call the church and talk to the pastor to see if she would sell us one. He thought it would add something to our porch wall. The pastor and I made the connection. We were scheduled to leave on vacation and I would call her again to see about going out and picking one up. All she asked for was a donation to the church. We went out across town and selected the one we liked. I asked if they had any kids going to church camp. They had several and just found out that they had one more desiring to go. I made my donation to the church camper's fund. When we returned home, Hubby got out the drill and we mounted it on the wall within the half hour.





Two years ago, we purchased a dogwood tree and planted it in our backyard. This was for Mother's Day. Every year since, Hubby worries about whether that little tree will make it. When the trees start to bud out, he really gets anxious. This year he looked at it almost every day to give me an update on the blossoming and leafing out process, As you can see, it survived the winter and had lots of blossoms.  I don't know how big it will grow but I will always treasure this little tree. 





The week before Mother's Day, our son called and asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day.
I am at a place in life where I don't really need anything. I thought for a moment. All I really wanted was for him to be home with us for the weekend. I finally told him, "When you get in town go to the area supermarket and get me a bouquet of flowers." When he arrived, he and Hubby went to that supermarket and our son came back with a bouquet of roses and a beautiful glass vase for them. This was the first time I remember getting flowers, let alone roses from him. Hubby and I found a special place for the vase in our kitchen display cabinet we made several years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...