Monday, June 25, 2018

Book Review: In My Name

in My Name: Inviting God's holy presence in daily situations by [Verschoor-Meijers, Marja]
Amazon.com


Inviting God’s holy presence in daily situations
By Marja Verschoor-Meijers

Marja Verschoor-Meijers has given us another outstanding book in her series on the Ten Commandments. In In My Name Marja speaks about the spiritual aspect behind the third Commandment, Do not use my name for evil purposes, for I, the Lord your God, will punish anyone who misuses my name Exodus 20:7 (NLT)
She examines each aspect of our relationship with God as if she were a scientist studying a specimen under a microscope. She brings out thoughts that will make anyone who reads this book stop and think about their use of God’s name.  

She brings out the thought that the Third Commandment “actually forbids the misuse of the Lord’s name or the use of the name of the Lord in vain.” I have heard Bible teachers say we are not to use God’s name casually. She carries the admonition further and gives us gives us a broader concept of how not to misuse the LORD’s Name, “unsuccessfully, to no purpose, ineffectively, with no result, fruitlessly, unproductively.”

I love the way Marja has set this book up. At the end of each chapter, she has two statements upon which the reader can meditate. She also includes space for the reader to journal his or her thoughts.

I would recommend this book to anyone who searches for a deeper understanding of God and anyone who teaches the Bible. 


This book is available in Kindle on Amazon.com Here 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Cecelia, thank you for this well written review, I am so honored and grateful and happy of course that you enjoyed my latest book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: You are welcome, as of now the review of your book has been viewed by 42 people. Peace and Blessings.

      Delete
  2. Love to read about her book on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aritha: Thank you. I enjoy reading and writing. In the blog sphere we do this for one another. Peace and Blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...