Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Thoughts on a June Day

Quiet Spirit Writing Ministry


As I sit here this morning, I reflect on the events and happenings in my life.

I participate in a weekly prayer group at my church. We had been meeting at a neighboring facility, a healthcare campus. This summer we are meeting on our prayer walk. This is a picture of the grounds.
This is the entrance. Straight back you can see the gazebo where we gather and pray. This area was originally a miniature golf course,  The concrete path is actually what remains of the holes, there were the approaches. Our church built it for our community to use.  The Day Lillies to the right are planted in one of the areas we walk past to get to the gazebo.




Our church is preparing for Vacation Bible School (VBS.) Our theme is "Cave Quest." Our children's ministries director has networked with other directors and had received a lot of things from when other churches have used it. It is the plan to turn the sanctuary into a cave. I talked to one of the men who will be decorating. He plans on making stalagmites and stalactites. Because of the requests for water bottles and 2-liter bottles, my recycle area now has four different groups. Here is my preregistration table. I wanted it to look like a wall of a cave.




ADDED NOTE: 

Last evening, I finished writing a manuscript. I had started this as a winter project. It is a children's picture book. I call it: "A,  B, C's about God."  I have started a book proposal. I need to get busy and look at some more picture books that are out there. I also plan to find a publisher.


6 comments:

  1. You are very busy these days! I love the prayer walk..what a wonderful idea. I also love the VBS plans...so glad you are involved in this important ministry to children. Love also that you are writing another book...Praying for you as you work your way through it prayerfully. I know God is with you in this process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your warm comments. God has to lead me through this next phase of the process. Thank you for your prayers.Peace and Blessings.

      Delete
  2. I am excited for you Cecelia, a children's book, that is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marja. It has taken a while. I am trying to do a book proposal. That will take some time.

      Delete
  3. How great that you finished your children's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have a ways to go to find a publisher, etc. Thank you for your interest. Peace and blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...