Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Jesus’ Compassion to the Weary

https://cracked-pot.com





Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me. For I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls for my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30 (ESV)

Have you ever worked hard and hoped for a good end to a circumstance? Did that project not end like you thought? Did it wear you down to where you could not function?  

 Jesus invites us all to come to him when we feel overburdened from work or anxiety. He promises to give us rest. Some weeks, I am so busy that I almost crave a day when I can hang out at home and sit around and ‘chill out.’

He tells us He is gentle. That helps when we are overwrought about issues around us. Jesus does not put on airs. He doesn’t point fingers at us when we are low. He gets down there with us and listens as we tell Him what bothers us.

Jesus also tells us we will find rest. When we do, we begin to feel better emotionally as well as physically. 

He also tells us to take His yoke on us. In olden days the farmers plowed their fields with oxen working side by side. They were connected by a yoke. Jesus wants to work side by side with us during our walk with Him, especially when we have issues plaque us. When we listen to Him, He makes the load lighter for us. 

Thank You, Jesus for your great love, the grace we don’t deserve, and mercy we truly don’t deserve during our times of complete exhaustion and dismay about issues in our lives. AMEN


2 comments:

  1. I think getting enough rest has been underrated. We truly need to rest to function properly...especially when we've been overstressed by emotional, physical and/or spiritual issues. We need to learn to come to Jesus and let Him shoulder our burdens. Today is my day of rest...the first day since we came home from our trip that we haven't HAD to do SOMETHING. So I am resting and letting my body catch up. Thank You, Jesus, for giving us the gift of rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: I understand your thoughts. Due to some pesky fibro/ arthritis issues. I have had to learn to go slowly and to plan my schedule when I can. When I am on a project, I try to set a personal deadline ahead of the project deadline in order to get the rest and relaxation I need. Some weeks, I almost long for a day where I can stay home and veg out. Peace and Blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

God Alone

  Jesus and the children at our church's prayer walk.          I will both lie down in peace and sleep;  For You alone, O LORD make ...