Friday, August 17, 2018

God and Us

https://nancyaruegg.com

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28 (ESV)

This is a reading I plan on using at my first speaking engagement next month at an area nursing home. Please pray for me. 

God is faithful. He is faithful to us even when we are not faithful to Him. He goes before us into difficult places. He stands beside us when we have to hear harsh news and decisions. You know, the distasteful things of life. He was present when my doctor told me of our new-born son’s birth-defect and what would be done to help him.
God provides for us. He gives us what we need, not necessarily what we want. He provides us with food, shelter, clothes, and friends.
God protects us. He keeps us safe from harm. A few years ago, the house directly across the street from us caught fire. He kept the wind from bringing the flames across our street and into our yard. We had our car sitting next to our house. It would have been a bigger disaster if that fire had moved over to our yard.
God loves us. He loved us before we were born, before we were even formed. He loves each of us as if there were only one of us. He loves us because He made us.

God always listens. He is our best friend. He is always available when we need to talk. We feel we have to rush as we talk to Him. 

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are going to be sharing these thoughts at a nursing home. I will be praying for you as God leads you and speaks through you. We've had quite the nursing home experience for the past year & 1/2 with "Nanny". Many are hungry for the Lord there, and even tho some may not act like they can think as well as before, their spirit still hungers for the love of the Lord in their lives. Praying that God will open doors for you to minister to those whom you meet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your encouragement. The one I will speak at on Sept 10 is the one I was in for 3 months. The activity director was one who ministered to me while I was there. I have been praying for you and your family. I understand that conditions can change from day to day. I have seen that in our family when one or the other of them were in the hospital. Peace and Blessings

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...