Wednesday, August 15, 2018

The LORD in Our Weakness

PrimeBibleVerses




But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  2 Corinthians 12:9 (ESV)

Paul was afflicted with a recurring malady. He never identified it. We know he asked God three times to remove it. He says in the context of our focus verse that this “thorn in my flesh was given to me to keep me from being conceited.”

God chooses to tell Paul that His favor and love is enough for Paul. Paul can endure this condition because God’s power can be seen, and maybe even felt by Paul and those to whom he ministers.

In searching for the focus verse for this posting, I found this passage. I also was trying to prepare for what I call a “Brainstorming” meeting with some friends to help me compose a list of groups I can contact for speaking.

Why this verse stood out to me is simple. My allergy to gluten sometimes shows up in the most inconvenient times. Yesterday, I took a friend out to lunch for her birthday. The young woman who served us at the Chinese cafeteria told me they didn’t use wheat flour in their egg rolls. I believed her. The egg roll was good.

God took care of me as I presented my plan and my desire this afternoon, I will trust Him to take care of this condition as I go through my life.


Dear Father God: Thank You for loving me guiding me. I gave You this meeting and I give you all that will come out of it. I trust You for the precautions I have to take in order to serve You. I give You the praise. In the Name of Jesus, I pray. AMEN

1 comment:

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...