Friday, August 24, 2018

Our Need for God’s Strength

Quiet Spirit Writing Ministry


The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2     He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3     He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.

In this changing world, we need God’s strength to withstand the difficulties we, as Christians, face. My prayer list includes several names of people who could be stressed by the circumstances of their lives. Except for the prayers of God’s people.
When we stand against these issues that could vex us, we do it by relying on God. As we depend on Him, we learn that He is faithful and will be beside us in all situations that come to us.
Without God’s presence in our lives, we would tend to be enticed to follow concepts and ideas that would lead to our harm and eventual destruction.
A dear friend and I were talking on the phone about a circumstance that may come to her. It’s a family matter and she was distressed about what she heard. She wondered what she would do if something was said to her about the incident.
We discussed several Biblical passages that we felt could apply. Later, a while after we hung up. I had a thought come to my mind. Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; (James 1:19, ESV)

In our focus verse, we read of God restoring our soul. I have learned, when God does this restoration, He does, in fact, give us the strength we need to continue what we need to do.

7 comments:

  1. So thankful for the staying power of God in our lives, giving us strength to withstand anything the enemy tries to send to hurt us. Our God is a mighty warrior, and He protects us from all our foes. We need to learn to depend on and lean on Him in all of life's events. I don't know where I'd be without the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Pamela: As I was reading your comment, the phrase, "People Need the LORD" came to my mind. Sometimes, humans are blinded by things of this world to the point that they can't see their need for Him. Peace and Blessings.

      Delete
  2. O, thank you so much! God restoring our soul. God is sometimes (often?) also restoring relationships. Let us bow our heads and place ourselves in the presence of the Lord.Heavenly Father. He is our Helper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He does restore our souls and certain relationships. God does work out the details of our lives.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...