Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Because of Obedience

https://www.kcisradio.com/2016/01/28/romans-122


As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct. I Peter 1:14-15 (ESV)

The Apostle Peter echoes the instructions of Paul. Paul told the believers at Rome do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind.

Peter gives those in exile and us a reason for our changing our demeanor and our behavior. He tells us to not be conformed because of our obedience.

He further writes that we are to be holy (complete) as Jesus is holy.  As born-again believers, we are to reflect Him in all we say and do.

How we react to the world events can tell others about our beliefs and about the LORD. Several years ago, I heard an admonition “Be careful how you live. You may be the only Bible some person ever reads.” (1.)

When we obey Christ, people notice. They might not say anything but they do watch how we act and react to events that go on around us.

Dear Father:

As we walk with Your Son through this world, please let us keep in mind that we belong to You and that we are to follow You and You alone. We are Your feet and Your hands as we live in this world. In the Name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.

                       
1     1.)  William J. Toms (1803-1885) An Australian and a Methodist.



2 comments:

  1. I like that quote! When others see us reflect the love and grace of God, it makes it easier for them to put their trust in him.
    Happy Week! Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette. As I mature in Christ (and in age). I understand this quote more and more. My friend Ginny's husband said something when I took some groceries into their home last week that made me feel good about what I was doing. He told me it was nice to see someone with a gentle face. I know that, if my face is gentle, it's because of Jesus.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...