Tuesday, January 23, 2024

The Spirit of The Lord

 



There shall come forth a Rod from the stem of Jesse,

And a Branch shall grow out of his roots.

 The spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him.

 The Spirit of wisdom and understanding.

 The Spirit of counsel and might, 

The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD. 

Isaiah 11:1-2 (NKJV)


Words of Isaiah the Prophet


These words bring comfort to me.

The spirit of the LORD shall rest upon Him.

Jesus later tells the people of Israel and us that He follows guidance from His Father.

(John 5:30).

I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me.


The Spirit of wisdom and understanding.


Jesus received His wisdom and the ability to understand what the people needed from His Father. Today, followers of Christ seek wisdom and knowledge from God through prayer.


The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD


Because of God allowing His Spirit to rest on Jesus, we know God and develop great respect (fear of) for God.




4 comments:

  1. I love that verse from Isaiah, Cecelia. Oh, what hope we have in Jesus!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Martha Jane: Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Isaiah 11 is such an encouraging passage, Cecelia. Thank you for these encouraging words today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa: Thank you for stopping by my blog. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...