Tuesday, January 30, 2024

We Will Find Rest

 


connectusfund.org 


Thus says the Lord:

Stand in the ways and see,

And ask for the old paths, where the

good way is,

And walk in it.

Then you will find rest for your souls.

But they said," We will not walk in it." Jeremiah 6:16 (NKJV)


Words of God spoken through Jeremiah


Jeremiah prophesies against Judah, calling her to repent or face judgment at the hands of Babylon.(1)


Stand in the ways and see,

Could the Lord through Jeremiah be telling the people of Judah that they need to look at how they live, to evaluate their lifestyles in the light of His Word?


And ask for the old paths, where the/ good way is,

Could the Lord be telling them to look fondly to the values they were taught and see the goodness of the relationship they previously had with Him?


And walk in it;


Could the Lord be telling the people of Judah to revive the practices of of their relationship with Him?


Then you will find rest for your souls,


Does God give them the hope of finding peace and soul rest? Does God give us hope when we listen and obey Him?


But they said, "We will not walk in it."


The people of Judea answered in a negative way. They did NOT want to walk in the way that the Lord told them they needed to do. Are we sometimes guilty of the same stubbornness today? Do we keep on doing what we like rather than what He tells us to do?


Prayer


Father God: Guide us in the path You want us to follow. Guide us through the difficult times we face. Give us Your wisdom as we progress through each day. In the Name of Jesus. I pray. Amen.

(1) Jeremiah Study Bible © 2013 page 972



2 comments:

  1. This is something I've been praying about this week. I don't live by the Spirit. I WANT to, I pray that I will each day... but at the end of the day I realize I didn't ask Him what I should do or where I should go. I just... went. Thank you for this post to remind me to walk in the way the Lord wants, not what I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy: I understand. We all have times when our day gets away from us. Some call it "Life getting in the way." All i can say is that we have to listen to God and the Holy Spirit and then continue our day. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Is Anything That Bad?

  This is not my usual type of blog post. It is something that is on my mind and my heart. Please forgive me if I offend you for this deep s...