Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October in My Life

Fall Foilage across the street.


Early in the month, our Friends group met. We were fourteen strong with a couple of ones who had not met with us before. Some who were there in September were unable to make it. We decided to gather in November at a new location because the group has outgrown where we met.


                                    






Husband wanted to go to the outlet mall, located an hour and a half away. Due to different reasons, my schedule, a lack of good sleep, and his not feeling especially well, we finally got to go yesterday. Our original purpose was to get him some jeans and shirts as part of his birthday. (It was last month.) As time went on, I realized I needed to get some things for myself. Mission accomplished. The day was beautiful. However, we did have intermittent sprinkles on the way down.

One day, we went to Walmart. Hubby knew I needed new shoes and boots for winter. Some time ago, we did something with my hairdryer. It has not turned up and the days were getting cooler. He decided I needed to purchase a new one. The trip through that store wore me out. I shared this thought with one of my closest friends. She is of the same mind I am. That store is just too big.  I am not one to shop unless I know exactly what I need and where to find it in the store.

My hair-stylist had to cancel my appointment less than an hour beforehand. She was on her way to the E. R. She gave me the option of having another stylist in her shop cut my hair. I did that. My friend was in the hospital for eight days. She was released yesterday but won’t go back to the shop until next week.

A dear friend’s husband faced quadruple bypass surgery. He was in one of the heart hospitals in Indy for a week before he had surgery. He had triple bypass surgery and a stent. Three days after he underwent surgery, he returned home to further the recovery process.

I have taken Gods’ word to the nursing home two times this month for a total of three times since I began this part of my ministry. This nursing home has a night of “Trick or Treat” where the residents give candy to the children that come. I donated a couple of bags of candy. The activity director seems thrilled to receive it.

As I plan for 2019, I have chosen my word for the year. I will announce it in early January. I have chosen the monthly topics, some of which are standard. I also hope to have some other announcements to make at that time.

I am trying to decide if I want to get back into embroidery and needlepoint crafts. I used to enjoy crewel embroidery with the wool yarns. I purchased the kits. One year, I made all the Christmas presents for the women in our close family. I can only watch some many classic television shows. Hubby probably thinks I have them all memorized.

November is the month of Thanksgiving. My topic will be about giving thanks to God. December’s topic will be Advent-related. Nothing changes about these months.


6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been very busy! Hard to believe it's November already, with Thanksgiving just three weeks away. Thanks so much for your kind words on my latest blog post. Thanks also for your kind support over the years. So glad we met through blogging. I'm sure we'll be in touch. Will think of and pray for you often, I'm sure. Enjoy the rest of your week, and have a wonderfully blessed Thanksgiving! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen: It is so nice to hear from you. Thank you for your very kind words. I am searching for markets that I can write for. God has blessed me with your friendship over these years. Enjoy your days with your grandchildren and your children and your hubby.

      Delete
  2. You had a busy month, friend! Can't wait to find out your word for 2019!
    Happy November,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanette, You are so kind. While I am in each month, I feel as if I am lazy and not doing anything important. Thank you for your cheery notes you leave here.They always brighten my day.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you have been busy, and all good. I understand about the shopping in Walmart, etc. We do go to Walmart usually once a week or every other week to stock up on things that we can get there more reasonably. It is a 1/2 hour drive up and back, but we don't have anything here locally except a Dollar General and a small grocery store, which is too expensive to do much shopping at. I really do not like to shop, and already am dreading Christmas shopping. I don't have time or energy to "make" anything this year either, with trying to sell our house. So we shall see what Christmas will bring. God may have a better plan...I hope. I really don't want to shop or decorate. Was hoping to be moving. All in God's good time. Praying for patience. Glad to hear your friend that had the heart surgery is recuperating and hopefully doing better. Glad you are enjoying the nursing home visits. That is a real blessing. We have not been back since my MIL died. I wanted to go back and visit her roommate and some of the others. Maybe we can before Christmas. That would be a good present. Take care and have a blessed weekend. I hope you can get to my blog now. I don't know why there was a problem with it. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Always nice to hear from you. We live near the edge of a "food desert." In the past three years, we have lost two grocery stores and a Kmart from our end of town. We have a fairly new Dollar General about a mile and a half north of us. The closest supermarket is a Kroger affiliate. It's huge and has been going through a renovation. None of the customers can find anything. You can actually by the look on their faces that no one enjoys being there. My friend Martha had a sister who was a nursing home resident. Martha, being the younger sister, was faithful to visit her. When we went caroling there for the church, she couldn't go into one lady's room because it was the room her sister had been in. When God deems you ready to go back to the nursing home, He will let you know. Peace and Blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...