Wednesday, November 28, 2018

The Lord Is... (Part 1)

by Gaye Lynne LaGiure
As I wrote this, I received several attributes of God that have helped me through life. I have made it into two separate entries. It is my prayer that you benefit from reading this post and the following one.

Everlasting
And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom, there will be no end.” Luke 1:31-33 (ESV)
God sent the angel Gabriel to give Mary the news of the impending birth of her baby, the Holy One.

Gabriel tells us that 1.) Her baby would be great. 2.) He would be called the Son of the Most High. 3.) He would reign over the house of Jacob forever. 4.) His kingdom would never end.
In our world, all things come to an end.  Cars wear out, clothes also wear out, Flora and fauna don’t last forever. Friendships can end. Houses sometimes have to be demolished.
The things that last are God and His Word.

Savior

My soul magnifies the LORD,
and my soul rejoices in God my Savior.
For he has looked on the humble estate/of his servant.
For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed;
Luke 1:46-48 (ESV)

Mary rejoices that God chose her for the task of bearing His son. She calls God her Savior.  He kept her from being stoned. The Hebrew Law had strict words concerning adultery and those caught in the act. Joseph, her fiancĂ© could have divorced her but the angel of God told him to stay with Mary. 

God through Jesus Christ saves us from our sins. He takes our hard stone-like and replaces it with a tender heart “And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.”
Ezekiel 36:26 (ESV)

God also saves us from personal danger as we go through life. I once heard the story of a man who overslept and went in late to his factory job a bit late one day. When he arrived on the assembly line, he learned that a baking furnace that sat next to where he worked had exploded before he arrived. God watched over him and saved him from severe injury.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God. He is our provider.Thank you for the beautiful post and scriptures. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayndel: Thank you for your thought. Yes, God provides us with things we don't always see coming to us.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...