Friday, August 9, 2019

Fear, Courage: God Guides Us Through Each Day

See the source image
Pinterest




“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
 “plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
 plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

I love this verse. I love the message. This week has been an unusual one for me.  On Monday, I accompanied my dearest friend Martha and her husband to attend the funeral of a childhood friend of Martha’s. I had graduated from high school with her.

Tuesday morning, I received a phone call from the church. A lady who was a part of our congregation had passed from this earth into the arms of Jesus. As I type this entry, I await the time for Martha and me to go pay our respects to Frieda’s family.

Wednesday, Hubby and I traveled down to the southern part of our state to see our son, who was on a ‘vacation’ from work. Hubby and Son went fishing at our friend Tom’s pond. Hubby took me over to Tom’s sister Betty’s house to see her. She is going into the hospital Sunday morning and will have surgery for colon cancer.

Late this morning, I received a phone call from the church. A woman I had met in 1985 and had worshiped with for several of those years was in the hospital and was not expected to be with us very much longer. Our new pastor and his wife were out of town. Could I go and see about her? I called Martha, who has known this lady longer than I. She wasn’t available. I called her home phone and left a message telling her the time I called. She called me while I was at the hospital with the family. I gave her my appraisal of the situation. She said she would try to get up there tomorrow. 

I had prayer with most of the family. I excused myself and returned home. We headed out to the grocery store. Did our shopping and was eating lunch when the phone rang. It was another friend to tell me that our friend in the hospital had passed.

When we turn our days over to the LORD, we never know where He will take us.
Have you had any experience where God chose to use you according to His plans?







4 comments:

  1. What a sad but great post, now they are celebrating this day with our Lord. God is always with his children, I commit my days to Him and am finding joy in each one allowing Him to use me as He desires.
    Blessings, Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sylvia; Thank you for your kind words. God will use His children as He wishes. Peace and blessing.

      Delete
  2. I love that scripture too and the message of the verse.
    May God Bless you and comfort you in the time of loss of those dear to you. ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayndel; Thank you for your kind words. It has been a tough time here for us. We know where these who have been allowed to go to Jesus are in a better place.Peace and blessings,

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...