Tuesday, October 29, 2019

OCTOBER REFLECTIONS

October 2019 Printable Calendar
Etsy


In the early part of this month, I attended the women’s circle I belong to. We have had an ongoing project to collect supplies for a local retirement home. This retirement community is unique in that it is locally owned by a corporation of local faith groups in our town.


                                
 
The ecumenical women’s group I attend met at our church for this month. My friend Martha and a few of us from our church provided the lite breakfast for those in attendance.




Image may contain: 7 people, including Bonnie Gurley Brown, Carol Snider, Judy Woolsey Thomas and Darlene Freestone Stroud, people smiling, people sitting, table and indoor
 I met ladies from my high school graduating class for lunch. We had some new ladies and some ladies couldn’t make it. I am finding that I enjoy seeing these girls. I am the last lady on the left.





We only had three of us for our Friends luncheon. We may not meet in November. My friend that tries to arrange these has been involved in teaching a class for about eight sessions. Those sessions have not been in consecutive weeks.


About the middle of the month, I was able to act as the worship leader. I was uneasy and I did make a few mistakes. Everyone who has done it told me I did well.

I haven’t done much writing lately. I have not been up to it. Just copying thoughts about Philippians for the Bible Study I am leading at that retirement community and some short blog posts.

I have been trying to find the time and energy to get out and take some pictures.
Here are two that I snapped:

       

                            This tree sits at the front corner of our neighbor’s front yard.



                   
 I went out the front door to rollup car windows when I looked up and saw these two trees. The leaves caught the sunlight in such a way that the looked brilliant red instead of yellow.

A cousin surprised me with a gift. He lives in northern Indiana and I don't get to see him that often. He's one of my Facebook friends and I believe he got some sort of message about my personal beliefs. Here's what he sent me.

                                                   
               
                                           A pro-life tee-shirt. I was humbled by his action.

I had been considering purchasing a new digital camera. I finally did it.  I was having a bad day, nothing really went right or as I thought it should go.  I decided to go ahead and order it. I like the camera on my cell phone but it doesn't bring objects closer. I should receive it and the other supplies in two days from when I placed the order. 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you've had a busy month! So glad you can get out with your lady friends, and also participate in the activities at church, etc. Love the T-shirt. That was really sweet. Hoping your camera has arrived and can't wait to see the pictures you will take. Praying you have a good day today. God bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I review the months, I find that, yes, I have been busy. I will have to organize my time better. My camera is scheduled to arrive on October, 31. It's a long story. Peace and blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...