Tuesday, December 31, 2019

December Reflections


See the source image

December was a different month for me. To quote Charles Dickens, “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.”
The first week of each month is a busy time for me. I had plans for every day that week. The only one I got to do happened on Monday. Tuesday’s visitation day got postponed until almost Christmas.
On Tuesday, I had to go with Hubby to the Emergency Room. Hubby had Heart Failure (aka, Congestive Heart Failure. They admitted him. He was there until Thursday. The doctor added more medication to keep the fluid away from his heart.
He (and I) are on a low sodium diet. It is an eye-opener as to how much sodium is in our food.
About the middle of the month, on a Saturday, we went to the yard barn and brought in most of our Christmas decorations. That Sunday evening, I put up my little tree and decorated our coffee table. (That involved cleaning and storing a lot of items.)
Hubby decided to help me with decorating the coffee table. I had come home from church to find the biggest Poinsettia I have ever seen sitting on it. This got me in the mood for decorating.
   

My visitation partner and I missed one day of visitation. One of her daughters was admitted to the hospital where she lives and then was transferred to a trauma hospital in another town. The doctors considered sending her to Cleveland Clinic. When the young woman got released, my friend went up to stay with her for about a week.  When we did get out to do visitation, we told each of them why we had not been able to come earlier in the month. They all understood. That friend’s daughter is being evaluated for a heart transplant. She was taken back to the hospital on Christmas night.


Our son got to come home on Christmas Eve day. We weren’t sure if he could get off on that day.  He went to church with me on Christmas Eve. (Hubby’s medications kept him home.) We opened our gifts before we went to the Christmas Eve service. Our son and I watched some of the Christmas Classic movies while he was home. I found a version of “A Christmas Carol”, made in 1934, which was different from the one from 1951.  We also watched “O Henry’s Full House”. My two favorites of the five are “The Last Leaf,” and “The Gift of the Magi.” I also found the 1951 version of “A Christmas Carol” and taped it to watch on Christmas Day.

Earlier this fall, I made some plans for my blog topics and chose my word for 2020.
My next post will be about my plans for 2020 and my word for this year.
Happy New Year to each of you.


6 comments:

  1. Look forward to hearing your word!! I hope and pray your husband is doing well and strengthened in his heart and overall health. Blessings and much Peace and good health to you and your husband and family in 2020!!♡ Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shayndel. I appreciate your prayers. Thank you for the kind wishes and thoughts.

      Delete
  2. You have had a busy month! I am glad your hubby is better, and I trust the new meds and strict diet will help him stay healthy! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas with your son at home. Some of those movies I have not heard of. We also watched the older version of A Christmas Carol, the one with Reginald Owen as Scrooge. That is my favorite one. Praying for your friend's daughter that she will be okay. May the Lord touch her heart and body and bring healing. I am still not sure what my new word for the year will be...I am praying about it now. Hope to "see you" here again "Next Year"!! God bless you always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: it's always nice to hear from you. I had never seen the Reginald Owen version of A Christmas Carol. I have always liked the Alister Sim version because there are two places where Scripture is read. I enjoyed the singing of the carols in the 1934 one. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  3. I hope your husband is doing better. That's scary stuff! Have a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy: Thank you. Have a blessed New Year yourself.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...