Friday, January 3, 2020

My Plans for 2020

See the source image
Freepik




Writing Plans for 2020.

Last fall, I found myself thinking about the Apostle Paul and his imprisonment in Rome. I started a piece about how a member of the Praetorium Guard got to know Paul better and that guard’s thoughts and impressions of him. (All this came to me as I was preparing to teach a Bible Study on Philippians.)

My word for 2020

I thought about several words. I have chosen “PRAISE.” I will write more about it as the year progresses.

 Blog Topics and Frequency

Each fall, I consider the topics for my blog for the next year. These usually are related to the time of year, Lent, Advent, Thankfulness, advent, etc.

I will still write and post entries on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Writing Group

That new writing group that I was invited to join chose not to meet in December. It is scheduled to start up again this month. The group plans to meet once a month.

Searching for Markets

From time to time I search for markets to which I can submit. Presently, I have a few in mind to investigate and see if I can create something appropriate for some of them.

Reading List
I have yet to decide on books I choose to read this year. I will spend time this month making decisions about this.

Devotional Reading
   
The Sunday school class I am in uses devotional readings as a springboard for discussion about the message. I also will be reading the Daily Guideposts devotional book.

Goals List
I have returned to making a list of goals. I have used the “S-M-A-R-T” format, Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time-bound.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a good start for the New Year, with good goals in place. I guess I am not a real goal oriented person...I tend to take it as it comes and trust God to lead me wherever He wants me to go. But I think having some goals is a good idea to help steer me in the right direction. I just know that I am not good about keeping up with my goals, so I've kind of just stopped putting that pressure on myself. Perhaps I need to rethink that. Either way we do it, our main goal is to follow Jesus, and He will never lead us astray! Have a blessed and joyful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I have not always been "Goal Oriented." I believe it's how God wants me. God is supreme and sovereign. What He wants is uppermost in my mind. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
  2. Hi Cecelia, happy New year to you. I like your one-word PRAISE, can't go wrong with that attitude :) I will follow your blog posts as best as I can, always enjoy your short, but profound thoughts. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: A belated Happy New Year wish to you. Thank you for your friendship. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
  3. That is such a good word, Praise!! Even writing it or thinking it or saying it brings forth Praise! Hallelujah!! I like that in Hebrew there are many words for Praise!!

    I am like Pamela as in her comment above, and am not very goal oriented. I have never been good at setting and keeping goals, so I admire those who do!! I am impressed by your ability to set them and keep them. God bless you you and prosper you in all your goals for this year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shayndel: I am not especially good on the follow through. I make plans and then something happens or doesn't happen and I get discouraged. I really need to pray about this condition I seem to have. Peace and blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

February Reflections

  Getting Some Repair Work Done We had to have some work done to our bathroom. Our shower and bathtub had been out of commission f...