Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Trust God’s Leading

See the source image
prairiecalifornian.com


Trust the LORD, your God,
With all your heart and lean
Not to your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge
Him and he will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Have you ever made plans that didn’t turn out as you had thought? Sure. You have; We all have done it.

Sometimes, we get so wrapped up in what WE want to do that we ‘run ahead of the LORD’ and do what we want about our plans and the issues facing us.

We may say things that are on our hearts but are not godly. We may watch a television show or movie that contains dialogue that God does not want us to hear think about.

King Solomon gives us universal, eternal advice in these verses.

Trust the LORD, your God,

God is bigger than all our worldly problems. He is bigger than the world’s current unsettling conflicts and threats. God is in control of everything that can happen, that will happen.

with all your heart

 God wants us to rely on Him completely.
  The prophet Jeremiah tells us we will find God when we seek Him with our whole heart. (Jeremiah 29:13)
 
lean not to your own understanding;
 
In the scheme of things, how much do we really know or understand how things operate? I am reminded of God’s speaking to Job about what he knew about God’s business and what He had done. (Job 38-40:1) We only see a snippet of what is happening to us and our loved ones, God sees the big picture.

In all your ways acknowledge him

In every action we take, every word we speak, and every thought we have, we are to give credit to God, to thank Him, to obey Him.

he will direct your paths

God guides us through the quagmires of life. In my adulthood, I have personally been through those times when I thought I would never get through the difficulty. But God was there for me, each and every time.
 

4 comments:

  1. I like your post Cecelia, it is not just trusting Him, but also acknowledging Him in all our actions. I often fail to do so, because I am quick to act :) I am taking more time to reflect and wait this year. My one-word is 'expectation'. by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Thank you for your thoughful and kind thoughts. We often do fail Him in this way. As I have gotten older, I find it helps me to not be so quick to act. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. I love those verses...Leaning not unto my own understanding is one of those things I have to keep re-learning! But God is faithful, and He sees me through even when I manage to get myself into messes. So thankful for His loving care and guidance in all my ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Thank you for your kind thoughts. Each of us has that issue of re-learning that God is in control. Yes, I have gotten myself in enough messes that I have had to relearn this scripture.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...