Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Mary’s Response

See the source image
Holly's Hobby Blog.blogspot.com


And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has looked with favor on the lowliness of his servant.” Luke 1:46-48
(NRSV)

Mary was very young and from a poor family.
The Angel Gabrielle came to her and told her that she would bear God’s child. At first, she seemed skeptical. She couldn’t understand this message.

Gabrielle shared news about Mary’s relative, Elizabeth. Elizabeth, an older woman was with child. She and her husband Zechariah had not been blessed with children before.

Mary visits Elizabeth in her home. Elizabeth and her unborn son both recognize that Mary is the mother of the LORD.

Mary gives praise to God. She realizes that God is made real to her by His decision to use her in such a special way. She feels God’s presence in her soul and her spirit.
God became real to Mary during the time she carried this special baby.

Has God ever become real to you through something He has done for you?

Has God become more real to you through someone else by what they said or did to help you through an uncertain time? 

3 comments:

  1. It is hard for me to put into words all the ways the Lord has become real to me...throughout my life there are so many experiences, special answers to prayer, miracles...Yes, God has revealed Himself to me in so many different ways...through nature, through worship, through His Word. And certainly God has used others to encourage me in my faith walk throughout the years. Sermons from good pastors, wise counsel from trusted women of God, encouraging words spoken at just the right time...yes, God works in so many ways to bless His children. I cannot begin to count the ways...but I am eternally thankful for how God has worked in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela: Yes, it is hard to completely understand what God did for us. A friend called me yesterday and told me she almost had a wreck. The other car ran a red light and missed her car by inches. We both praised God for His protection over her. I had a similar experience right before Thanksgiving. Peace and blessings to you and yours

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this. Blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Renew a Right Spirit

  Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in within me. Cast me not from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. P...