Monday, December 16, 2019

November Reflections

See the source image
calendar2019i.com

                  

Yes, you read right. Yes, I know it’s mid-December. I have had a different time getting into the Christmas season. More about that later. You will understand why I have not been very attentive to my blog of late.

November was a very unusual month. I came to realize that I might need some help dealing with my emotions about some issues that seemed to say with me.

At church, we had a worship service on the first Sunday of the month, All Souls Day where we recognized those who had passed on in the previous 12 months. It was a very meaningful time.  

Hubby and I celebrated our 51st wedding anniversary. He purchased a bouquet of roses for me and we went out for lunch at Red Lobster.

On Sunday before Thanksgiving, I did something silly. I was searching for a microwavable glass pie dish. It was in the cabinet below the microwave.  I stooped down to reach way in the back and fell backward, landing on my seat. I couldn’t get up/ Long story, short I had to crawl around our island and into the living room and raise myself up using the sofa.  I spent 25 minutes I will never get back. Hubby tried to help me but nothing seemed to work. He finally suggested I crawl into the living room.

Our church had its annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner on Tuesday before Thanksgiving. The Deputy-Mayor and our State Representative came by to see the event. Because of my Sunday experience, I called the lady in charge of the dinner and asked if I could have a “sit-down” job and told her why. She told me I could do the pie table. I had to keep the table filled with pumpkin pie and provide the guests with whipped topping if they wanted it. (I almost couldn’t keep up.)

God has been very good to us.

 

                               

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize you had your 51st Anniversary! Congratulations! We had our 50th this year! So we are right behind you! Your story about falling on your seat would be funny if it weren't so painful. Very thankful you didn't break anything! I do understand about crawling to a place to pull up, however. I often have to do that if I am on the floor since my back surgery in 2007. Needless to say, once we've had this experience, we try really hard not to "fall" if we can help it!! I hope your "seat" is much better now!! I hope you are able to prepare for Christmas now. But it's what is in the heart that matters...and being with the people you love. May your Christmas be blessed (and pain free!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela: Thank you for your concern. Some of my friends know about my episodes of falling. I DO try to be careful. It snowed here Sunday night into Monday and Monday night. Today is Wednesday and I have been in since late Sunday morning. The driving force behind my being house-bound is the ice and snow. I truly don't want to fall again.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...