Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Tomorrow Belongs to God



quiet spirit writing ministry


Do not boast about tomorrow, for you don’t know what tomorrow may bring. Proverbs 27:1 (ESV)

King Solomon gives us sage advice in these 13 words. I believe he gives us sage advice here.

When we plan our days, we should consider that God could take our lives in a different direction. He may have completely different plans for us.

A friend of mine has a major change of any plans she may have had when her daughter was taken to the hospital on Christmas night. The daughter was transferred to another hospital and then to another one.

The daughter had major surgery and spent most of a month in the trauma hospital. My friend came home for a few days and caught a cold. She could not go down to see her daughter because of her symptoms.

I know this friend had to change any plans she had in mind for this month. She also had to change her plans for early December when that daughter had been admitted to a hospital and transferred to another facility.    

God hears our plans. Sometimes, He has different things in mind for us. We must remember that He controls all things, even those plans for a vacation, for a shopping trip, a time out with friends, and even how we spend our free time.
                               

6 comments:

  1. I have been lazy about commenting on blogs. I appreciate you taking time to do on mine. I see you are from Anderson, isn't that where Sandy Pati is from/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becky: Thank you for your message. I enjoy your blog very much. Yes, Sandy Patti did live here. In fact, she lived about a mile from our home. Stop in when you can. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

      Delete
  2. Yes, our times are in God's hands, and we must trust Him to show us the way we should go. I have a friend who went into the hospital for a minor procedure and ended up having a stroke. She has been back and forth from hospital to rehab and back to hospital several times in the past two months. I believe she is finally going home this week, but has a feeding tube and her adult son has learned to take care of it for her. I think it is supposed to be temporary, but maybe not. So we never know. She and her hubby recently moved to their dream retirement home and then this happened. So we just never know, but God is with her as He is with your friend and her daughter. He will never leave them or forsake them, praise be to God. Praying now for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: My friends and I are seeing a lot of people with serious health issues, usually it is a family member. Yes, we never know what will happen to those around us. I will pray for your friend. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
  3. I am sorry to hear about the things your friend had to go through. I hope all is well with her daughter. Yes, sometimes God has other plans, higher plans. I also believe we have an enemy who is out there to sabotage our plans as well as God's plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: Thank you for your thoughtful comments. My friend's daughter got released to return home. She is on a waiting list for a donated heart.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...