Tuesday, February 11, 2020

God’s Wonderful Saving Grace

See the source image
quotesgram.com 


For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith – and this not from yourselves, it is a gift from God—not by works, so that no one can boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV)

 it is by grace you have been saved,

Did you ever wonder why God chose to redeem you? I have. God did it because He loves us. We don’t realize how great that grace is at first. When we do, we feel very humbled that He would do all he has done for us.

through faith

The writer of the book of Hebrews defines faith as, “being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” Hebrews 11:1)

Some synonyms for faith are trust, reliance, and being confident in another person or a thing.

I have come to believe that our faith is always growing. The faith we had when Jesus saved us is very different than the faith we have after we allow Him to guide us through this life.                                       
 and this not from yourselves,

We can’t do anything to save ourselves from the act of or the consequences of sin. Only God has that power. One reason I believe we are unable to save ourselves from our sin is that we may not realize what God considers sin.

 it is a gift from God

Salvation is truly a gift. We don’t deserve it and we can’t earn it. Any earthly gift we receive is given with love. How much more is the gift of salvation given to us by God because of His love.

 so that no one can boast

We didn’t do anything to save us from sin; therefore, we have no right to boast. God chose to do this for us. Paul reminds the Corinthians in both letters, “Let him who boasts boast in the LORD.”
(1 Corinthians 1:31, 2 Corinthians 10:17)

I have several things God has done for me through the years. Are there things that you can boast that God has done for you?

4 comments:

  1. Good post Cecelia. The Lord has done wonderful things for me and He still does, my salvation being the biggest miracle. He keeps me healthy and strong and gives me favor when needed, He uses me for His service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marja. The Lord does many things to display his grace for us each day. Salvation is the best grace He gives us but He doesn't stop there. Praise Him for His unending love.

      Delete
  2. I love the old hymn, "Grace, grace, God's grace...Grace that will pardon and cleanse within..." "Grace that is greater than all my sin..." We are SO blessed to be saved by God's amazing Grace!!! Thank you for this wonderful lesson!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those old hymns are wonderful. I have had one of them on my mind for a while. "The Love of God is greater far...": I am considering using it in my Children's Moments message today. We don't realize just how great His love is. Peace and blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Renew a Right Spirit

  Create in me a clean heart and renew a right spirit in within me. Cast me not from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. P...