Friday, February 7, 2020

God’s Steadfast Love


See the source image
talesfromamother.blogspot.com

I will sing of steadfast love and justice; to you, O LORD, I will make music. I will ponder the way that is blameless. O, when will you come to me? I will walk with integrity of heart in my own house; Psalm 101: 1-2 (ESV)

David wrote these words. He speaks of sharing love and justice. We know David was a musician-a harp player.

He tells me ways we should show God’s love to those around us. He chooses to sing and make music. He spends time thinking about how to think about innocence. He chooses to approach household issues with honesty in his heart.

The shepherd king has a lot to tell us in his writings. He uses his experiences to admonish us to confess our guilt to God. Here he tells us that we must live out our faith in God before those who are closest to us. When we choose to do that, we show them our love for God.

Showing our love for God is very simple. We ask Him to guide us in our interactions with those we meet. We beseech Him to give us His eyes to see certain circumstances of life as He sees them. We make these requests daily.
Recently at church, our Children’s Director gave a Children’s Moment message that was how children could show the love of Jesus. She, with the help of the children and some of us in the congregation, sang the following song. She adapted it to say “Jesus smile.”

I've got something in my pocket, it belongs across my face.
I keep it very close at hand, in the most convenient place.
I'm sure you couldn't guess it if you guessed a long, long while.
So, I'll take it out and put it on, it's a Great Big Brownie Smile!

In this process, no matter our age, we grow closer to God and become more like Christ.


4 comments:

  1. I like that idea Cecelia, a great big brownie smile. We have God's joy within, no matter what the world looks like, and we can share it anytime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we should smile because we have Jesus in our hearts.

      Delete
  2. We need to practice smiling more often. Christians should be the happiest people on earth because we know our eternal home is "out of this world". Love that little ditty about the smiling face. So precious. Wonderful lesson from the Psalms too, which is my favorite book of the Bible by far!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have those times when we should smile because we have Jesus in our hearts. God will see us through those times when we really don't feel like smiling and showing God's love to others.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

The Lord

  You Tube We sang this last Sunday at church last Sunday. The congregation liked it so well that the praise band director chose to include ...