Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Do Not Boast

See the source image
Zazzle

                               
Do not boast about tomorrow,
For you do not know what a day
                          Will bring. Proverbs 27:1 (ESV)

Sometimes, I have over planned my days. I recently had to reschedule or cancel my plans for most of a week due to my husband being in the hospital.

A women’s missionary group at a church I was in planned their programs for a year at a time. Our pastor’s wife always reminded us that we made these plans in faith. One year, I had to inform her that a program I was to present needed to be rescheduled because I could not receive the material from a missionary at the time we had planned. Another time, when I was president our area was expecting a snowstorm. I had to cancel that month’s meeting.

At our church, when a person goes to heaven, the family has the opportunity of holding a service for the deceased in our church building. Most of the time the church serves dinner to the family and those who attend the service. When this happens, the service and the dinner take precedence over any other planned activity.

One year, our family was planning to take a vacation in Colorado. It was our plan to fly out and rent a car to tour the state. We had to change our plans due to our finances. We managed to go the following year.

There was a time that I felt led to tell God in my morning prayers that my day was His and to take me wherever He wanted me.

As I write this, my best friend and I have yet to have our time of exchanging Christmas presents and going out to lunch. We always wait until after Christmas to do this. The weather kept us in one day. We are looking at doing this three days from now. She has a family funeral in two days and two days after that she must take a relative to a doctor's appointment. As I write this, I am keeping one eye on the clock because I have a medical appointment this afternoon.

All the plans we make as God’s children are under His watchful eyes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

April Reflections

  See-Saw Weather I know that April is not fully spring weather. I was privileged to get some on my porch for two whole days abou...