Tuesday, February 25, 2020

January- February Reflections

See the source image
Tania Marie Wordpress.com










January was an uneventful month for me. The sun was on vacation. (That’s what I say to Hubby when he asks,” Where is that sun?”) Because of the uncertainty of the weather, as a rule, neither the ecumenical women’s group nor the women’s circle at church meets.

Ecumenical Women’ Group

This month, I was able to go to the ecumenical women’s meeting. My friend Martha talked to me about my picking up a lady that lives near me to take to the meeting. She had some others to pick up. In the process of trying to find out how to contact the lady, I called someone I had met at the first meeting I attended. She told me she couldn’t be there because her husband had just gotten out of the hospital after about a month. I told her I understood that, and I went through something similar in December. She reacted with,” You know, I hear a lot of people are going through that very same thing.” She is so right. A lot of my friends are going through health issues of their own or those of their loved ones.

Women’s Circle

Our women’s circle only meets monthly from April through December because of the possibility of bad weather. Due to the ages of some of the ladies, we meet from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p. m. Weather permitting, the circle will meet in March.

Son’s Birthday

Our son’s birthday was early in January. He chooses not to come home for it, partly because he has been home for Christmas and partly because the weather is so unpredictable. We sent him a card with gift cards we had purchased. Because of the contents of the greeting card, I had it marked non-machinable. He didn’t get it until the middle of the month.

Non-Machinable Mail

A cousin had sent me a Christmas card that folded out into a three-dimensional picture and it had been stamped “non-machinable.” My cousin’s card to me took about 10 days to get here. When our son received his card, it took the same amount of time. I joked that it may have been better if I put that stuff in a box and sent it UPS.

Hubby and I are continuing to stay on our strict diets, mine is gluten-free, his diet is low-sodium. He is making our salad dressing.
Change of Plans
I chose not to go to the nursing home in early January. Hubby had a scheduled doctor’s appointment during that exact time I was to be there. I let the activity director know so she wouldn’t put me on the calendar. Then I asked him if he expected me to go with him that day. He didn’t. I only go to that nursing home two times a month. In January, I didn’t make it at all. The second time, I had a reaction to a medication I had been taking.

Writing Group

Last month, our writing group chose not to meet. Life got in the way. This month, we did get to meet. I showed them what I had worked on in December. I am not certain what my idea will become. One lady read us a piece that she will incorporate into the new book she is writing. The other lady spoke of having difficulty finding the time to write on a regular basis.

We also discussed expanding our membership to include more local writers.

Church Lenten Meditations

A discussion between a dear friend, one of the others in my writing group, had a discussion with our new pastor and then with his wife, Cheryl. Out of those two talks, the church will have a book of meditations for Lent. I had not told Cheryl, that I write. But my friend had. I found out that Cheryl had me down for two days. I came home and worked on finding something from years before. She had that project done in nine days.

Mid-month, Hubby decided it was time to alter our health insurance plan. Our new coverage goes into effect on April 1st. With the new coverage, we will be eligible to go to a local gym for exercise.

February 14th was our son’s work anniversary. He’s been with the VA for nine years.

One more thing, I have started reviewing books again.



5 comments:

  1. Hi Cecelia, wow, two months have gone by already (well, almost). Non-machinable, I have never heard of that term. How interesting. As for your writers club... finding time to write is almost impossible, we must make it. I was on vacation this month, but I kept waking up very early, so I used that quiet early morning time for writing. I finished a new book!
    Will you be going to an exercise class soon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marja: You are so right. We have to MAKE Time to write. I have tried to be patient with one of my friends who is in the writing group. I really need to share with her this bit of wisdom. Peace and blessings.

      Delete
    2. Marja: We will check out the exercise classes after we receive our new insurance cards-sometime in April.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you keep pretty busy even if the weather or health issues keep you from always participating. It is good to stay busy while we can. I am hoping to get more involved in some activities once my surgery is over and I am feeling better again. I didn't know you could alter your health insurance after the first of the year! I thought once you chose it in December you were stuck with it until next year. We have a Humana PPO plan, and so far so good. We will see after my surgery how well it does in paying things. I pray I won't be stuck with any big bills... I love that you have a writing group to meet with. That would be encouraging. I don't know any other writers here. Most of my writing friends are online in our blogs, but we still encourage one another this way too. Hope you have a wonderful rest of Feb. and March!! God bless you and keep you strong and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam: Our health insurance is a group insurance through the union that represents it's workers in the company my husband is retired from. You might ask at your library to see if there is a writing group in your area. Peace and blessings.

      Delete

I would be honored to hear what you think about this.

Wait, Renew, Mount

  But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount  up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, ...